Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March Madness

While waiting for the weather to warm up, we spend lots of time in the basement...This was how we spent Saturday while waiting for our ovens (which have been out-of-commission since Valentine's Day) to get fixed. Apparently third time was the charm!  We are SO happy to have a functioning oven and have used it every day since to make up for lost time! 


Last Thursday was my 35th birthday.  The day before, Maverick came home with pink eye so we aggressively started drops to avoid time away from school.  We got to go to work Thursday no problem - and good thing as my boss had made lunch to celebrate that I am now closer to 50 than 20...lucky for him his cooking skills aren't too shabby!


I did however, cut out early to get Maverick to the pediatrician considering that his last bout with pink eye (a mere 7 weeks ago) was due to an ear infection.  However, we got a clean bill of health and headed home with a prescription for more eye drops.

Friday I got to take day one of a two-day course learning the basics of Excel.  The class consisted of 11 women, most of whom were re-entering the workforce and had no idea how to utilize the program.  Let's just say we're hoping this Friday is a bit more informative...


Friday night was a co-op night at our church so after dropping the kiddos off, Ryan and I headed to Harry & Izzy's to celebrate the birthday.


Let's just say they know how to celebrate!


Now that March is here, our children's birthdays are right around the corner.  Ryan has become increasingly frustrated that all our kids know in the way of toys is Target (not that there's anything wrong with that in my opinion).  So, we headed to a Toys R Us this weekend to get started on wish lists.  Of course, we couldn't leave the store without a ride or two.


This boy LOVES construction equipment.  Everytime we pass something, he yells it out.  "Crane truck!" "Excavator!" "Bulldozer!" "Dump Truck!" His vocabulary is increasing daily and it just about melts my heart at the joy he finds in talking more and more.  He's also becoming more and more stubborn - not sure where he got that from!




We continued the birthday celebrating on Sunday at YiaYia and Papou's.  Auntie Kate was supposed to come while on spring break but after an official diagnosis of ear infection, sinus infection AND strep throat, she was told to stay put in PA and we'd try again later.  That didn't stop Uncle Steve and Bevin from coming down for the day, since he turned 33 on Tuesday.  Phoebe is showing off YiaYia's latest creation - Phoebe loves headbands all of a sudden!


Mack had a great time hanging out with Uncle Steve.


Lunch preparation well under way.


Entertaining the kiddos till lunch's 2:00 start.


The Newell's joined us in the celebration feast!


Phoebe had lots of fun being silly with GGMa.






Then the birthday singing commenced, shortly followed by sugar comas.



Silly Uncle Steve.  He bought me a card that had a picture of an older couple on the front and the lady asked the man, "Did you just fart?" to which he replied, "Nope."  Then, you open the card and he says, "I pooped, too."  I can't tell you how many times Phoebe has asked me to read that card and spell those words.  I told her she can never spell them at school...


I got a new set of pots and pans and can't wait to use them! 


We had some fluke weather on Sunday with a high of 67 so we spent as much time as we could in the muddy backyard with Kali.  Phoebe loves to play hide and seek.


She also loves to put on other people's clothes.  Thanks, Uncle Steve, for sharing your fleece!


In other news, I woke up with pink eye this morning.  One of Maverick's classmates and one of Phoebe's were both sent home with pink eye yesterday so I'm just waiting for Phoebe's turn.  We also register Phoebe for kindergarten tomorrow.  Good thing I'm not wearing mascara the rest of the week, I think it'd be pointless anyhow.  She's been practicing the opening speech she gets to give at her class' graduation ceremony.  They also took school pictures last week and she wore her cap and gown in one of her poses.  I simply can NOT believe this little treasure is about to turn five and start elementary school.  Where did the time go?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It goes too fast for sure! Tell your mom and dad I said hi! I sure miss them.