Friday, March 13, 2009

New stages

I just wanted to post a couple videos for you all to enjoy. The first is our initial attempt at getting her to feed herself. She was very interested but it seems to have been a one-night event. If she can't pick it up with her fingers, she doesn't want it. Hopefully we'll be able to work on it a bit more each meal. The second was just of a very talkative moment during dinner. Her socks were falling off so I just grabbed them - she has a thing for socks - I can't explain it - and that set off a conversation unlike any other I've ever heard!

Thursday when I went to see her on my lunch hour they informed me that she'd thrown up but was acting normal. She seemed fine during my visit so I didn't think much of it. Then they called me at 3:30 to say she had a temperature of 100.3 so I went and got her and we headed to Target to get some Pedialyte just in case. By the way, does anyone have kids who like the apple flavor? She hates it!

But she hasn't thrown up and hasn't had a temperature since then so I'm not sure if it's more teething or if she just caught a little bug. Either way, she's been her old funny self. We went over to some friends of ours tonight for dinner and she was just captivated by their 2- and 4-year old boys. I think God definitely knew what He was doing when He blessed us with a girl as our first child! They are crazy but oh-so-fun - Phoebe was highly entertained, that's for sure! And she's officially on the walking track - taking multiple steps without holding on to anything - a bit scary at times (for me, that is) but exciting to see her venture out. I'll try to get a video of it soon.

3 comments:

Michele Dew said...

Almost walking already??? That's just crazy! I guess she is almost 11 months old now, but that really just seems impossible...
By the way, just wanted to say good luck on the feeding herself thing! Jordan is almost 18 months old now already and is just these last couple weeks getting to the point where he even TRIES to eat with utensils at all ... if he couldn't get it with his fingers (and make a big mess in the process), he wasn't all that interested!!! :)
Cute!

Newells said...

Pedilyte taste horrible...I could never get bella to drink any flavor so now stick with gatorade...still gives them the electrolytes they need and you can actually get it down them...but stick to the ones that are more clear (G2 or rain flavors). I can't believe she's almost 1! We'll be in town for Miriam's graduation - will you guys be around that weekend?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!

It's been ages! Your daughter is adorable. What are you up to these days?

Tara (Brown)
www.taraschields.wordpress.com
www.thephotomom.net