

Even Granddaddy Alan came all the way from Virginia to surprise Ryan at his graduation! What fun to have the family together to celebrate! YiaYia, Papou and Uncle Steve even made it there to join in the ceremony. Of course, the trip up north wouldn't be complete without a stop at my old stomping grounds. And unfortunately, I'm referring to Ivanhoe's where they serve over a hundred different shakes and a hundred different sundaes. Holy cow - we were all on a sugar overload by the time we piled back in the car. I think Lucas got something called Chocaholics Anonymous and it was chocolate ice cream with a chocolate hershey's bar crushed over the top and drenched in hot fudge. He got his minus the fudge, but really, why bother?! And I had their strawberry shortcake - something I'd never had my entire college experience - let's just say, had I known it existed, I'd probably be 20 lbs. heavier! Yumm-o! We did make the loop around Taylor's campus afterwards just so we could show the rest of Ryan's family where I went to school. We'll be back up there next month for Auntie Kate's gradution with her Masters!

Sunday we went to church and then scurried around town trying to get all the last minute things we'd need to celebrate Phoebe's birthday. She did fabulous! Not sure she liked all the attention but LOVED all the toys!


I ended up caving and just bought a pan to make a giant cupcake. Anyone ever need to borrow it, don't hesitate to ask!

She wasn't too interested in eating the actual cake or frosting. She was more concerned with picking off all the little flowers we'd sprinkled over the top.

And I'm not sure what was going on here, but thought it too funny to not include!

THANK YOU Nana and Aunt Carrie for ALL your help in getting the house together and the cupcakes presentable. I would have been lost without you and probably up in our bedroom crying while everyone arrived if not for you! I owe you big time! And thanks to everyone who came to celebrate Phoebe's first birthday! It's hard to believe our little baby isn't so much a baby anymore...



1 comment:
A big congratulations to Ryan! We ran into Samme and Deno at Sam's Club on Saturday and they told us about your exciting day! (That was right before Deno bought his family gourmet Sam's hot dogs for dinner in the snack bar - what a guy!).
Seriously - job well done, Ryan. What a great accomplishment!
And, of course happy birthday to Phoebe. I LOVE the giant cupcake :)
Post a Comment