Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting SO big!

For part of her birthday gift, we got Phoebe this chair (thank you to all the Great Grandparents for your contributions!) because whenever I would visit her at daycare, she'd run to the little chairs and tables and climb up ready to go. It finally arrived and we were thrilled to see she loves her new chair!


And she wouldn't be a normal kid if she didn't enjoy the box it came in just as much! Do you see the little curls at the back of her head?! We're wondering if she might get more curls as her hair continues to fill in.


We got her "walking papers" at the end of this week saying she'd be moving up to the next class in daycare June 1st. Once I found out a few weeks ago that she wasn't being moved, I totally forgot about working on sippy cups and lack of pacifier. However, now that we're in countdown mode, I'm freaking out just a little. She's totally not interested in a sippy cup when she should be drinking her bottle. So...even though the pediatrician said no juice, I caved. And she drank practically the entire thing (watered down organic pear juice, no less!)! Now if only we can get her to do the same with milk, we'll be all set. Again, any advice would be MUCH appreciated!



She also enjoys this hand-me-down rocking Tigger from my cousin Cassie and her family. We got to hit the pre-sale to their garage sale last summer and are still bringing out new things for Phoebe to play with and wear (we still owe you guys, too!!!).


Ryan took this picture of her on Saturday - everyone says she's got the bluest eyes but no photo ever seems to do them justice.


Sunday after church, we headed to a birthday party and Phoebe got to swing and play with big kid toys. She had a blast while Mommy and Daddy got to catch up with good friends.



Here she is exploring their cabinets right before she took a face plant on their kitchen floor. However, she was a trooper and went right back to playing after a hug from the both of us.


She's getting to be such a big girl and is watching us so intently. Friday I changed her diaper and afterwards, she picked it up and walked into the kitchen to throw it away in the trash. Then she went to the hand sanitizer and "pumped" it and rubbed her hands together. I tell you, the girl is one smart cookie! She even grabbed my kabuki brush and pretended to put powder on her face while I was getting ready this morning. It's hard to believe she's 13 months and already picking up on so much.


2 comments:

Newells said...

We got gabby that chair for her birthday! Too funny! They grow fast and it flies by. Not sure about the milk. You could always just toss the bottles and only offer her milk in the sippy...when she's thirsty she'll drink it if that's the only option. It may take a day or two but she'll get thirsty enough to drink. As long as she has figured out the sippy. We had to use juice too to get Gabby to figure out how to use a sippy cup and packed all her bottles away this weekend. Some people I know warm it up but then their kids are 3 & 4 and they are still warming their milk up...so I wouldn't recommend that. Hope this helps.

mkr said...

Before you know it, she'll be grabbing her farts and tossing them your way! Ryan, you better watch what you do -- we don't need Phoebe picking up on EVERYTHING you guys do! :)