
Then Nana and Papa headed out with friends while we headed to Upland to celebrate Auntie Kate's hooding ceremony. We first hit Ivanhoe's for dinner (I think I only ate a meal there once while I was a student so it was kind of weird - but it proved that their ice cream is reason enough to visit!).
We got to tour the campus a little bit - I know YiaYia and Papou had visions of Phoebe being a student there in 17 years...

LOVE this picture!!!

We're SO proud of Auntie Kate and thrilled that she'll be gainfully employed in Pennsylvania this August at Messiah College. It's SO much better than Ireland or Washington so we're excited she'll only be 6-7 hours away. And we're really excited that she'll be home next week for the summer.

Saturday morning Nana helped us plant our garden (better late than never, right?). Papa was golfing (again!) so we planted tomatoes, corn, green beans, sugar sna peas, cucumbers, zucchini, green peppers and sunflowers. We'll be delighted if ANY of it grows! For now, Phoebe just enjoys helping us water it each day! That afternoon we headed to the zoo. Now that Phoebe is interested in everything, I've been wanting to visit and see how she'd do. She loved it, despite the crowds!


We even ran into the White River Gardens to see the Butterflies in Bloom exhibit. They were getting ready for a wedding - I'm sure it was a gorgeous ceremony!

Sunday we headed to church and had lunch with Aunt Carrie and cousin Lucas while Papa and Uncle Mike were at the race. That afternoon we headed to YiaYia and Papou's to celebrate Papou's 59th birthday. Holy cow! We can't wait for Phoebe to hang out with them on his new porch swing!

Monday was the only day it rained so we spent a lazy morning at home, hit the tail end of Shawn's birthday party (I left my camera in the car, otherwise I would have got some fun shots of the kids tackling Ryan and Phoebe just trying to keep up). Then we had dinner with Nana and Papa, Chris, Corrie and baby Bailey at Buffalo Wild Wings. Phoebe did really well around Bailey who is almost 3 months old now - I wasn't sure if she'd be jealous but she just wanted to touch her.

At lunch on Sunday, she slid sideways in the highchair at Maggiano's and banged her face. This is just to document her first (and we hope, only) black eye...
And now we're back to life as "normal" and thankful it's a short week. Nana and Papa flew back today and we're already looking forward to seeing them at the end of June when they come back for a wedding!

At lunch on Sunday, she slid sideways in the highchair at Maggiano's and banged her face. This is just to document her first (and we hope, only) black eye...
And now we're back to life as "normal" and thankful it's a short week. Nana and Papa flew back today and we're already looking forward to seeing them at the end of June when they come back for a wedding! 


No comments:
Post a Comment