Sunday, July 19, 2009

15 Months and counting...

Sorry it's been awhile since our last post - not much to report - we're still teething and still waiting on Pita to improve - she's been coming to the table whenever we eat which we thought was definitely a step in the right direction, but I fear she's not going to get any better. Yesterday she walked down our two front porch steps and fell on the bottom one and then didn't move and just started shaking. It could be that she had just been traumatized by Phoebe "loving" on her, but we've tried to protect her from Phoebe's rough hugs and tugs. Then today, she's thrown up the last two times she's eaten - I know we keep asking for prayers but our poor little girl just doesn't seem to be getting better.

On Friday, Phoebe had her 15 month check up - hard to believe, huh? She weighed in at 20 lbs. 12 oz. (30th percentile) and measured 30.5 inches long (60th percentile). Everything looked good but then our pediatrician asked if our house was older than 1975 and when we said it was, he said she'd need to be tested for lead. So, we ran to the lab next door and poor thing, had each arm poked and pricked before they finally suggested that we try really hydrating her and come back another day. She was a screaming, tearful mess by the time it was done, and I was pretty much in the same boat. We tried milk, watered down pear juice and then finally gave her straight cherry juice Saturday morning and by 11:30, they drew blood on their first attempt. We'll find out the results later this week and hope and pray we're in the clear.

It amazes me how little girls often become fascinated with girly things, even when we've kept things pretty neutral in our house. We were at YiaYia and Papou's and she just loved playing with the sparkly necklaces. Note Uncle Steve in the background...





We also found out that Uncle Steve accepted a job offer with a new company and started today. Unfortunately, this new job is in Chicago. Luckily for us, he has a townhouse in Broad Ripple to sell so we'll be seeing a bit more of him before his move is permanent. We all met at his house after church on Sunday for lunch. It seems like Uncle Steve's dusting techniques just might secure his bachelorhood...


It was also our first attempt at a ponytail. She won't sit still long enough to get pigtails or even a fun on-top do so I bought some mini-clips to see if I could sneak a fast one in on her. I think Auntie Kate finally nabbed most of her hair for a brief minute before she grabbed it out. She looks like such a big girl!



For those of you in the midwest, you know what unseasonably cool weather we've been having. We had a birthday party at a water park on Sunday and unfortunately, had to settle for watching the water. I can't believe our little girl can eat pizza and drink a capri sun - it just doesn't seem possible. (Does that make us bad parents?!)


And just because it was a mere 68 degrees outside didn't mean she didn't try to play IN the water!



Because she's past 30 inches now, we're definitely in the market for a convertible car seat. As Ryan would say, just one more excuse I didn't need to go shopping! Woohoo! And she's finally outgrown her baby bath towels so here's her first after-bath photo with her newest towel.


On a side note, I'm scheduled to have all four wisdom teeth out this coming Friday morning. Ryan understands if he posts any embarrassing videos of me while under the influence, he'll be in big trouble! The few people in my family who've had them removed have all had poor experiences so I'm trying not to think about it. Between Phoebe getting teeth and me having them removed, we praise the Lord for painkillers!


1 comment:

Michele Dew said...

I'll be praying for your quick recovery after Friday, Rose! Good luck!
Phoebe really looks so grown up these days, I have to say - how does it happen so quickly??? And no, pizza and Capri Sun does NOT make you bad parents at all! :)
By the way, I was going to comment on a picture from the last post and then didn't get around to it... Ryan looks great! Has he been losing weight? Or is it just that I haven't seen him in months?