Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I think we love long weekends at the Wallis' house! We'd love them even more if the weather would cooperate when they come! Unfortunately, most of Indiana was in the 60s and had rain ALL day long on Saturday. So what's a family to do with a 14 1/2 month old?! We put our newly purchased membership to the Children's Museum to work! Phoebe has for the last week, been waking up between 5:45 and 6:30 a.m. - we're hoping the 7:30-8:30 routine returns soon - but on Saturday, it allowed us to get an early start and beat the crowd to the museum! She returned to the costumes and the mower right off the bat.



I think she's acting out her mealtime experience...luckily for us, it's starting to pay off at home. All of a sudden you give her peas or green beans and she eats them. I stand amazed that our picky eater is slowly branching out and making friends in the process...


And added bonus for Ryan - it was Star Wars day at the museum.


And since I didn't fare so well on the carousel last time, Ryan had the honors. I think this time around, Phoebe enjoyed dancing to the music more than the ride itself.


We also hit Holliday Park with Auntie Kate this weekend when the weather was nicer.


Couldn't you just eat her up?










We all took turns going down the big kids' slides with her. She is absolutely fearless and would go by herself if I wasn't traumatized from when I was a child and fell off the top of one.




We also took a short hike so Daddy could see the water. If only we'd parked closer, he'd have grabbed his fishing pole out of the back of his car! Phoebe has definitely taken after him in her love for the water!









YiaYia left for Camp Challenge in Bedford, Indiana on Sunday and Auntie Kate left for a work camp at Camp Challenge in Alaska today. We miss them both already! I had to include this video and apologize now for the singing - I know y'all think I'm the next American Idol but I've got a good thing going at work so I'm going to have to deny my inner Kelly Clarkson or Clay Aiken...ugh, you'll get the picture soon enough. Either way, she's got the song down we just opted not to post the long version!

And, on a side note, Pita is still with us. The vet opted to try Tetracycline but she's been on it since Friday and we've seen little improvement. We'll be chatting with the vet once more tomorrow to discuss our options and then do what's best for her. We appreciate all your prayers!

1 comment:

Jade said...

I looooooooooooooove the video! She is absolutely adorable, Rose! Thanks for sharing! :)