We returned from Jackson Hole this past Wednesday to an empty home. Not sure whether we should invest more money for shots just so she could be kept in a kennel while we were gone, I called the vet to ask her opinion one more time. We were forced to make the very hard decision to have Pita put to sleep the day before we left for Wyoming. The vet said there was nothing more they could do so Ryan had the hard task of taking her in by himself. Dr. Short informed us once she saw her again that it was the right thing to do. She was under 5 lbs. (at her healthiest she was over 11 lbs.).
Pita was a great dog, our first "baby." It was hard to come home knowing she wouldn't be here, but we have to believe she's better off now. Here's just a small photographic tribute to our little one - of all she put up with from us and of the joy she brought us. She is greatly missed.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that, Rose! That's so sad. It sounds like it's for the best, though. I will be thinking about you and your family!
I was expecting to see picture of your trip or at least of my neice, but NOooooo...you give me a tear jerker of a post about a dog. Sad day - both for you and me. I guess you'll have to have another baby to fill that hole. (I do what I can for that baby push!)
Post a Comment