Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Mayhem

As I sit here licking my fingers of leftover frosting, I'll admit, I'm glad the birthdays are now officially over. They are BAD for the diet but we had a fabulous weekend with lots of delicious food, good laughs and memories made. I have to say, Auntie Kate certainly has B-I-G shoes to fill next weekend when Mom, Phoebe and I fly to Pennsylvania to visit - Phoebe had a blast with her Uncle Steve this weekend! I think he's probably going to sleep just as well as she does tonight after all the running around they did!





On Saturday, we celebrated Uncle Steve's big 3-0! I have to say, we've enjoyed the 30s immensely, so welcome aboard Steve-o - you're going to have a great decade!

One of Uncle Steve's gifts was a variety of "mind" games - different wooden puzzles that you either can't get a part easily or put back together (at all!) - I have to say, they were an entertaining challenge for everyone at the table!




Sunday was my 32nd (I think I'm going to officially stay 32 for the next decade) and we had gorgeous weather to start out the day. Who knew after February, where we had ONE day that was considered "clear" by the weather people that March would bring multiple days of sun so early in the month! Happy birthday, indeed!



It was a bit muddy outside, so we tried out Phoebe's new butterfly boots. They're a bit big so they made walking outside even more treacherous but she has been SO anxious to be outside, we just let her play away! Here she is with what was left of the snow, getting excited about something!



We had to wait for YiaYia to get out of a training meeting before we ate so we wasted as much time as we could outdoors, chasing Kali, throwing sticks for her to fetch and watching for airplanes.


I got some cookbooks I'd requested from YiaYia and Papou. I think it's pretty funny that Dad and I are BOTH licking our lips in this shot! Yumm-o!



And let's just say, we're all hoping Phoebe keeps her cute, excited face and doesn't inherit her mama's - eek! My super, adorable, incredible husband bought me yet another pair of shoes (I think I got three pair at Christmas) and I was THRILLED! In my defense, I did take about six pair to Goodwill that I'd had forever, so I was needing new shoes.



YiaYia came home with a zhu-zhu pet for Phoebe today and got it out after gifts. Here's a shot of Papou, Phoebe and Uncle Steve enjoying, quite literally, the little things in life (note Phoebe's arm around Papou's head).




And of course because it was such a fun-filled day, a nap was delayed till the ride home at 5:30. After much running around and laughter, a bonking of the heads occurred. Tears were shed. Frozen bag of peanuts (don't ask) applied. Hugs & kisses from Uncle Steve and then we were ready to go again, good as new.



I have to say the highlight of my day came in the form of a Hallmark card from sweet Phoebes. It had the recordable voice when you opened the card and it had her saying, "Love you...love you...love you. Happy birthday!" I shed a few tears too, but they were happy ones.

No comments: