Monday, October 17, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend


Poor YiaYia slipped and fell at work on Wednesday and ended up tearing her Achilles tendon and had surgery Thursday.  I took Maverick for a quick visit Thursday night hoping his cute face would encourage a speedy recovery!  She's not supposed to put any weight on her leg for 12 weeks.  I told her she did it just so she could get out of moving!


And it's official, we are no longer homeowners!  We signed the apartment lease on Friday, made it home to vacuum around boxes in time for the walk-through at 3 and they signed the papers at 4:00.  Saturday morning the moving began and it was crazy chaos to say the least. 
Without YiaYia and some extra muscle we'd planned on, it made for an interesting, desperate day! 
It took them over an hour to get our couch out the front door. 
Here's a picture of Ryan's most obvious battle scar (he got it when the couch fell on his head). 


We are SO thankful for Nolan, Amanda, Papou and his brood of helpers who made it possible.  We caravaned out of our driveway at 5:55 while the buyer sat in his car across the street ready to gain access.  By 9:00 Saturday night, we were alone with our million boxes in the apartment.  I'll be honest, it's going to take some getting used to, but I think once we're unpacked and settled, we'll survive just fine. 
 I'm not sure Brutus will, but that's another story.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Doug's comment...I bet he's got a headache. Poor guy!
Hope your mom is doing well. Praying for her.