Monday, October 3, 2011

Orchard Weekend 2011


In the midst of maybe-moving, we decided to make the annual trek to Tuttles Orchard on the first day of October.  This trip has become a tradition and wouldn't be the same without Auntie Kate and Uncle Steve, YiaYia and Papou.  Auntie came in Friday and surprised us at our house.  I love how these pictures capture the crazy fun our kids experience when she's in town!




Phoebe showing off her latest KinderDance skill: the crab walk.


We met for a late breakfast and then headed to Tuttles.  It was very brisk outside so we were all bundled up.




Maverick has his daddy's eyebrows for sure.  Love this picture of Auntie and him!


A rare picture of the two of us.


Phoebe showing off how much she's grown since last year!


We went on the first official day of pumpkin-picking so after we'd gathered enough apples for twelve people, we picked a few pumpkins.


Uncle Steve tried to find Phoebe in the hay maze.




And he stuck it out at the hay hill where I'm pretty sure Phoebe could have stayed all day!


Love this picture of Uncle Steve and Phoebe, too!




Poor girl has a cowlick right in front - not sure growing the bangs out is going to work for her...


All the boys.


The Wallis Family - attempt number 7 - we finally gave up.


Auntie got this shirt for Maverick.


We met up for one last lunch on Sunday after church.


Our parking lot good-bye was just short of chaotic. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  I guess there's no doubt that our kids are well-loved and had a great time - maybe when they're older I'll attempt to get a picture I can frame - for now, we'll have to just take these!






Thanks Auntie Kate and Uncle Steve, for making the long treks to see us. 

House update:  We're supposed to close this Friday at 3:00 and be completely moved out by 6:00 on Saturday.  We went apartment shopping over the weekend and have started the application process so should the closing actually take place on Friday, we have a place to live.  It's been delayed twice so here's hoping and praying it actually goes through this time...

No comments: