Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7 Month Smiles


We're still adjusting to apartment life but I'm pretty sure Phoebe thinks it's just one big party!  She got a Halloween package from Nana last week and has been very entertained with all the contents!  We all loved the dried pineapple, peaches and apples she sent as well - she's got me seriously contemplating the purchase of a dehydrator!  If only our apartment was bigger....


We're certain our kids have inherited Ryan's sweet tooth.


Here's our happy seven month old!  When we were at the pediatrician's last week he weighed in at 16 pounds, 11 ounces.


He absolutely hates taking the antibiotic he's on, but he sure is happier!  Ryan's convinced he just doesn't like anything cold but I'm not so sure.  He's definitely inherited my stubbornness!


Hanging out Saturday morning while Ryan took Brutus to the vet.  We got notified from our complex last week that Brutus is a "restricted" breed and that we weren't allowed to have him stay with us.  We calmly reminded them that he was pre-approved by them even before we looked at the model, gave over his paperwork stating he's a bloodhound/rottweiler mix and got the green light yesterday that he's free to stay with us the duration. 


And although he's happier and his eyes have cleared up, he still refuses to eat solids of any sort and is still waking up three times a night.  At least now they're three hour stretches instead of two.  Here he is, bright-eyed at 4:30 Sunday morning.  Time change?  What time change?


We stopped by YiaYia and Papou's to suffer through the Colts' game together after church on Sunday.  He got this Taylor hat from some dear friends of our family. 


YiaYia says that our kids are the BEST medicine!


While the boys watched football, Phoebe and I took YiaYia on a walk in her new wheelchair.


We stopped by their neighborhood playground to let Phoebe burn some extra energy.


She's getting SO brave! 


Next Wednesday Maverick has surgery at Riley - just a little corrective procedure done by a urologist.  Ryan got to take him to Riley a couple weeks ago while I was home sick so I'm not sure of all the particulars.  They've assured us they do ten a day and it's really minor, but this mama is having a hard time just thinking about it.  We'd appreciate your prayers that he continues to get over this double ear infection and can be well-rested prior to the procedure.

1 comment:

mkr said...

Can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! Love the picture of Maverick with the popped collar...what a stud. A month and a few days until I get to see you guys and I can't wait!