Last Wednesday, I got Maverick out of his crib around 4 (which has been pretty typical since our move) and noticed it was wet. I guess I shouldn't have been all that surprised when he threw up about 30 minutes after he nursed. I figured he was teething or just had an upset tummy because of nasal drainage (even after a call to the pediatrician and the nurse's warning about a nasty stomach virus going around). I was supposed to head up to Fort Wayne for work so Ryan stayed home with the kids after yet another puking episode.
I really shouldn't have been surprised when I woke up Thursday morning feeling pretty yuck. Ryan took Phoebe to daycare and I hung out with Maverick in the morning (and the maintenance guys fixing our dishwasher). Luckily Ryan was able to take Maverick to his urologist consult that we had to set up two months ago (surgery is set for November 16th) while I stayed in bed.
And of course, it was definitely no surprise when Phoebe got out of bed at 9:30 that night confused, asking, "Why are you taking off my pjs?" and Ryan's response, "Because you're covered in puke..." Loads of laundry ensued and Ryan ended up out-of-commission all day Friday.
It was not our proudest Wallis moment, however, we're grateful we didn't all get it at once - it made taking care of the kids and actually being sick a bit more doable. Either way, lots of snuggles and a few naps were had by all.
AND we got it all out of the way in time to be able to enjoy the Halloween festivities. Our little Rapunzel was so excited to go to the Fall Fest at church. Here she is ready to trunk-or-treat!
Daddy and Pascal.
A quick stop in the nursery to heat up a bottle for Mav.
Past (every one's) bedtime!
Enjoying some of her loot during the Colts' game.
We didn't go to church on Sunday because Maverick couldn't open his eyes when he woke up - completely glued shut with gunk. Stuff continued to seep out throughout the day so we went to a Minute Clinic but they don't treat anyone under 18 months of age. Conveniently, Ryan and I were able to get our flu shots out of the way.
After a visit to the pediatrician on Monday morning, we got the "H-flu" diagnosis - something Phoebe had when she was a baby, too. Essentially it's a double ear infection that seeps into the eyes and leads to pink eye. Antibiotics and drops for ten days. Poor boy.
However, this diagnosis also explained why Maverick has been waking up every two - three hours VERY unhappy and refusing to take his wa-wa and not take a bottle. We're told it's also probably why he's been opposed to trying solids as it hurts when he swallows. Here's hoping everything works itself out - we're feeling like we've got a newborn on our hands again with the lack of sleep we're dealing with!
Phoebe's class got to trick-or-treat and have a Halloween party on Monday.
Here's hoping pink eye stays away from the rest of us as he finishes up his drops and that maybe by the end of the weekend we're all sleeping through the night again!



No comments:
Post a Comment