Friday, January 2, 2015

Countdown to Christmas

After Thanksgiving, our elf Chippey, made his annual appearance.  He wasn't nearly as creative as Pinterest made him out to be but the kiddos had fun trying to find him each and every morning.  He only stayed in one place for two days ONE time, so I'd call that a roaring success!


We had a short span of time where Maverick's biggest joy came from dumping each and every Lego we own onto the floor.  


It made for a very daunting Saturday morning for this mama!


The first weekend in December was my work's Christmas party and my parents graciously offered to keep our kids overnight.  They brought home with them frosted sugar cookies that they'd made and we decorated them as best we could!




Maverick started Crouching Tigers this year and recently had his first promotion ceremony.  


He was SO excited I was there to watch him that I'm SO glad I got there in time!


We also recently got this year's school pictures back.  Here's Phoebe pre-haircut (which she's recently been regretting and longs for the days she could have a ponytail again...)


And here's Maverick's.  Yes, he's wearing his Halloween costume from the year before but he was adamant about wearing it the two weeks leading up to Picture Day.  I wasn't sure if his teachers would put it on him but when I got these in his cubby, I was secretly thrilled!  He's such a ham!


They did take one picture without the costume just for posterity.


We also managed to pick up a virus of sorts where he ran a fever and had a lovely cough/cold for a few days.  We stayed home one Friday and played lots of Memory.


And got a head start on some Christmas cookies.


Once we were better, Auntie came for a visit and helped the kiddos decorate gingerbread houses.  It was certainly a challenge for most of my household to not EAT the decorations ahead of time!






Then they tied auntie up with their jump ropes (which have since been hidden, see in the pic above that he's got it around his neck!?  Between that and tying them to the newel posts on the stairs and then swinging from the rope, it was time to put them away...)  Auntie was a good sport all the same!


One night after work, Ryan took Phoebe out to eat and to do some Christmas shopping so I decided to do the same with Maverick.  This kid has a thing for chips and salsa like no other 3 1/2 year old I know!  Except he dumped his (hot) salsa all over his taco and we had to get creative with our food!


The last day before Christmas break, Auntie showed up for Maverick's class party.  I'm pretty sure they were all just trying to pump our kids full of junk and send them home!  How cute is that cockeyed reindeer hat!?


Chippey managed to get all tied up while wrapping some presents!


The first weekend of break, the weather was unseasonably warm so we headed outside to get some fresh air.  Luckily, Auntie was there to show off her art skills!


Maverick preferred to burn some energy with his dump truck.


Then one of our buddies came over to join in the fun!


He still likes digging best!




Auntie's artwork.






We even busted out the pink jeep just for fun!  I do believe Ryan purchasing the snow blower on Black Friday may have just jinxed our winter for good!


No comments: