The "swagger wagon's" days were drawing to a close so we had to brave the dealerships and take a few test drives before finding Mama's next ride. The kids loved Subaru simply for it's huge whiteboard they could draw on!
We ended up staying in the Toyota family but opted to go the SUV route. I thought I'd miss the minivan more than I do. Trust me, there IS something to be said about having automatic doors, but having the extra little zip in my drive makes up for them!
Phoebe was in Garden Club first semester and brought home a flower bulb I was convinced wouldn't survive the winter. We were all pleasantly surprised when a little baby hyacinth bloomed!
Phoebe showing off her medal from Bible Olympics at church!
The dreaded dentist office visits are always scheduled in February. Maverick wasn't a fan of the bright lights so we compromised wearing my sunglasses and choosing birthday cake toothpaste.
Phoebe got her first set of x-rays and it looks like we'll be getting another visit from the Tooth Fairy sooner than later!
The kids' elementary school always has a spectacular Winter Carnival. Clearly, there was a pirate theme which Maverick embraced wholeheartedly!
This brought back memories of broom ball during my Taylor days!
Bean bag toss is always a hit! Anything to get a gold coin!
Phoebe tried to knock over a few skulls, too!
Phoebe and I did a little shopping - she has an eye for a bargain just like her mama! She got the headband and I got the fur vest. Not sure if I'll ever wear it but it was less than $10 so I couldn't pass it up! Surely some occasion will call for it, right?
Auntie Kate surprised us Valentine's Day weekend with donuts for breakfast! She definitely knows their love language!
While I headed north to a funeral, she got in some quality snuggle time.
Then Ryan earned Dad-of-the-Year by taking both kids to a birthday party without me.
The kids loved playing in the water in the middle of winter!
Ryan played with his phone while they celebrated with friends.
And Auntie finished off the holiday with treat bags FULL of sugar. Did I mention she knows their love language???
Due to a couple of deaths in our work family, our office was extremely short-staffed most of February so instead of taking off work for the kids' flex day, they came to the office with me!
Maverick was Star Student of the Week in his class the following week so we had to take "Brainy Bunny" with us and take pictures so we could journal about all the FUN the class pet got to have with us. Maverick wanted to sleep with the bunny but it has literally been to each child's home and everywhere in between so Brainy stayed downstairs! He did make it to Punch Burger for lunch though!
Phoebe wanted to call and check in with Daddy throughout the day.
Papou visited Maverick's class and read How I Became a Pirate to all the kiddos. He even stopped by the party store and got pirate hats, gold coins and eye patches! He was a HUGE hit!
We had some unusually warm weather last weekend and took advantage of it!
Someone is getting REALLY brave!
Raising them right! They love Target just as much as I do!
On Sunday, we went out to lunch to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday. We came back to YiaYia and Papou's for cake, ice cream and presents.
Love that I have a pair of 90-year-old's as grandparents! Such a blessing!

































No comments:
Post a Comment