
It was an outdoor wedding - a fact we discovered AFTER we arrived. June has been crazy warm here with the heat index lingering around 100 degrees. At least the ceremony was covered! And there were horses involved so Phoebe was highly entertained.

When we went inside for the reception we were surprised to find this:
You know you've made it when your 14 month old gets her own placecard!
Sunday we waved good bye to Nana and Papa at 8:00 in the morning. Ryan and I slept horribly the night before - I think there was a total of 5 hours between the two of us and Phoebe got up at about 3:30 a.m. - just to keep us company (or perhaps because she's teething - again!). When she fell asleep on our way to church, we spent the entire service sitting in the car waiting to see if she'd wake up - she'd had horrible naps all weekend and we knew if we tried to carry her in in her carseat, she'd have woken up (yes, she's STILL in a pumpkin seat). Not to say we didn't celebrate Ryan for Father's Day! It's hard to believe it's his second one already! He's the best daddy a girl could ask for. My heart just melts to watch him read her bedtime stories. I have a feeling we've got a daddy's girl in the making! Thanks for being such a great dad to our girl, honey. We love you so!

We knew we had to let her sleep because Granddaddy was coming for a visit from Virginia around 2:00. Last time he saw Phoebe was at Aunt Carrie's wedding in Florida and she's grown so much since then. It was a fun visit! I know it's a bit belated, but Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I know I was lucky enough to have one of the best ones ever!




No comments:
Post a Comment