Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bring on the Heat!

So we're a bit behind in our blogging - I blame the 6 hours without electricity on Sunday night (stupid storms!) - but that led to some fun card games by candlelight with Auntie Kate after Phoebe went to sleep, so at least memories were made. It definitely made us thankful for air conditioning and working lights!

The weekend after Memorial Day, Ryan and I headed downtown to attend an Indians game with my office. It was hot there, too! These are the girls I work with in the office (Tawnia on the left and Terri on the right) - I'm so thankful to have them in the office with me - they make life sane at work!




Here's Ryan with one of our reporter's husbands, Lee - an office event just isn't the same for Ryan if he's not there.


I'm not sure what day this was, but we headed to YiaYia and Papou's for some swing time - this time it was for Baby, with Phoebe doing the pushing...



Here she is singing on the big swing. She just bursts out in song - B-I-N-G-O, Home on the Range (thank you Little People cd!), Jesus Loves Me. The girl can carry a tune - I'm thinking she got that from Auntie Kate!



This past Friday I decided to take Phoebe to get an official haircut at Cookie Cutters (they took off three inches and informed me that I'm not too stellar at cutting bangs - shocker!). She was NOT thrilled. Despite the car, the Elmo video, the balloon and the sucker, it was not as amazing as I'd hoped.


See what I mean?




Afterwards, she wanted to play on a slide and it was almost 90 degrees, so we compromised. I took her to the mall and here she is in all her new-haircut-glory. Still not looking thrilled.



Friday afternoon, we headed down to Princeton to meet up with Ryan's grandmas and Nana. Grandma Maralu just spent a month down in Georgia and Nana was bringing her back. The neighborhood that she lives has an abnormally large number of bunnies and birds - much to Phoebe's delight. Saturday morning, she took off in a neighbor's yard trying to touch a bunny - I'm sure if they looked out into their backyards and saw me chasing her, they got a good laugh!





GG (Great Grandma) has a lot of older great-grandchildren so Phoebe got to enjoy lots of toys while there.




I picked up a few hairbands for Phoebe in hopes to get her excited about her hair - she wears all three at once. Crazy girl. At least they ALL matched!







It was a hot weekend, I think it hit 90 before noon but that didn't stop us from spending LOTS of time outdoors.







Luckily, one of Maralu's sons lives on a large farm and has a swimming pool next to his garden so we went for a dip just to cool down. I think Phoebe is going to be a fish this summer in the pool!




One of GG's grandkids just got a whole bunch of chicks in that he'd ordered online (go figure) and Phoebe loved petting them.





Nana came stocked with goodies for Phoebe, including gobs of glitter glue - we're just thankful it's washable! So is GG!






After coloring and decorating with the glue, we moved on to playdoh - anything to keep us inside for awhile!




Sunday came way too fast and it was no fun to say good-bye - our trip to Georgia is right around the corner so Phoebe is already excited to play with the dogs. We're working on getting her excited about cousin "Soapy" (Sophie) - I'm sure she'll love her once she meets her!



1 comment:

The Pelhams said...

The pictures are GREAT! The haircut is adorable :)