Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Daddy & Doggies

While in Princeton, Ryan was stopped at a gas station buying a drink and we'd just passed a garage sale and I jumped out to take a look. I ended up purchasing a wooden high chair for Phoebe's babies, a wooden rocking chair for Phoebe and got this huge Elmo for $2 - put in 3 batteries and I'd say that's one heck of a deal! He giggles, he shakes - here Phoebe is trying to find his tickle spot.


Once she got bored with Elmo, she decided to get into Daddy's wallet. Ryan said she was starting a bit young...


Friday morning, Ryan had to work out in the field - it was going to be above 90 so he was prepared. I think this picture is adorable.



Friday I had a dentist appointment so Auntie Kate opted for the Children's Museum instead of anything outdoors - I'd have done the same thing! They tried out different exhibits and Phoebe had a blast! We don't have Barbies at home, but I think it may just be a matter of time.


They also checked out their new exhibit "Rock Stars, Cars & Guitars" - Phoebe enjoyed dancing and jumping with all the lights and music.


I met them afterwards and they took me back to the Rock Stars exhibit so I could see Phoebe's dance moves. Here we are on our way out - I think both of us are ready for a nap!




Saturday was a hard day - one of my friend's from middle school - her 27 year old brother died unexpectedly last week due to complications with diabetes. Papou and I went to the funeral while Daddy fished (it was, after all, Father's Day weekend) and Phoebe spent some time with Auntie Kate (we are SO glad she's in town!). Later that afternoon, Uncle Steve arrived and Phoebe had LOTS of fun with him.
We woke up Sunday to celebrate our dads! Just as I've been blessed with a fabulous dad who loves unconditionally, Ryan has done nothing but impress me with his love for Phoebe. It has been SO fun to see Ryan embrace his role as "daddy" - he's nurturing, he's protective, he's fun - he's simply enamored with our little girl and Phoebe is so lucky to have him for her daddy. I was so proud of the card Phoebe got him - if anyone asks her, she'll tell you she's "Daddy's Girl!" and that's what this card was all about. She jazzed it up with some glitter glue and colored pencils.





She got him a gift card to Starbucks and his first helicopter lesson! I have a feeling more lessons will be in our future. We also got him some new grilling gear - just enough to make him dangerous!







We headed to church after breakfast - here Phoebe is wearing Uncle Steve's shades. So cool.







An attempt at a family picture. Not completely successful, but worth sharing!






Eating ANY meal with a toddler can be a struggle - Phoebe has an extremely hard time remaining seated for an entire meal - at home or in a restaurant. Here's what was going on UNDER the table while the rest of us finished up lunch at YiaYia and Papou's.






After lunch, Auntie Kate taught Phoebe how to play horsie. Fun times for the two of them. Those watching were entertained as well!




Around 3:00 we decided to head out to see if Phoebe would nap (she decided not to Saturday) so we drove up to look at some puppies we'd called about earlier in the week. They lived on a farm up near Muncie. After deciding not to nap, AGAIN, we played with the puppies. There were three, but we came for just one - the yorkie poo. They also had two black chiuaua/yorkie/poodle mixes that were cute but not what we were looking for.




She LOVED picking up all the puppies and giving them some extra attention.





Somehow, this one ended up on the drive home with us. She got lovin' the whole way home.




Here's Brutus meeting the newest addition.



She loves to sit near the vents and seems to think Phoebe's sit 'n spin is her newest chew toy.




This little one is 10 weeks old, has no name (she's a girl - any suggestions???) and is having poop issues as she adjusts to life with a toddler who likes to pick her up and carry her around the house. Just the same, I think they're going to be fast friends.






1 comment:

The Pelhams said...

Phoebe is one busy girl! The family picture is very cute :) I like the name Penny!