Yesterday afternoon, Phoebe got her hands on a blue ink cartridge - we got her washed up and the ink cartridge mysteriously disappeared. Ryan ran out to grab a movie last night so I was on the computer, wasting time - I should have been paying more attention... When Ryan returned, I left the computer to greet him, only to stumble upon Coco - with the ink cartridge. Her mouth and paws were blue - as was a large radius of our carpet and a few of her chew toys. Thankfully, we have very wise friends who bought me a Bissel Little Green Machine long ago and it worked its magic while Ryan washed the dog. Of course I didn't think to use our fancy camera and capture the moment in photos - we just went into cleaning mode. However, you'd think I learned my lesson. Tonight (the VERY next night) Ryan ran out to return the video and I sat at the computer - only to come out and find that Coco had removed the brush of my beloved little green. Ryan promises it can be fixed. Let's hope for this one's sake, it can...
Today we celebrated Father's Day a month late for my dad. Uncle Steve drove down for the day and we all went out to eat for lunch before heading back to YiaYia and Papou's for pie and ice cream. And a little family photo shoot. First, Phoebe got a little sky time with Uncle Steve.
I think Uncle Steve is pooped and oh-so-in love with Miss Phoebe Rae.
And ta-da! A family picture in which we're all (almost) smiling - I'd definitely call that a success!
And this, even more rare - a Wallis family photo in which Phoebe is full-on, voluntarily smiling for the camera. Love it!!!
And for the second day this weekend, Phoebe decided to pass on her afternoon nap. This usually means an earlier bedtime - but until then, she's prone to more bumps and bruises as she's not as steady on her feet. Don't get me wrong, she definitely gets her grace (or lack thereof) from her mama, but this, we blame the no-nap imbalance on - that, and the dog! We got home, I ran to let Coco out as she'd been in her crate from 10:30 - 5:30 and when Phoebe got out of the car, she ran and promptly tripped over Coco. It could have been a lot worse.

We got some neosporin on her and pray she's as good as new tomorrow.

We've only got a few more days before Auntie Kate heads back to Pennsylvania so we're hoping to see her one last time before Wednesday. She has some stiff competition when Uncle Steve is in town, so I think one last night with Phoebe and Auntie Kate will end her summer in Indy on a high note - for her AND for us!



No comments:
Post a Comment