Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Fun & Family

Friday started out with breakfast at Cafe Patachou downtown with my good friend Amanda.  Although I didn't get any pictures of our time together, she was very patient and read Phoebe every book asked of her and kept an eye on her every time she ran out of the restaurant.  I think I left breakfast more exhausted than when I woke up four hours before and I'm sure Amanda did too!  Phoebe and I then headed to the Children's Museum to meet up with YiaYia and Auntie Kate.  They had so much fun, I was able to run to the office for a couple hours to finish moving the rest of my stuff back after our renovations were completed the day before. 

Phoebe didn't seem to mind my absence.  She was too busy dressing up.  Like a dinosaur.


And reading about trains.


And looking at blown glass (but I was there for that part).





Auntie dressed barbies while Phoebe undressed barbies.


And then they got Phoebe to walk the cat walk.


Check this girl out!  She is stylin'!


They got to see the new penguins and polar bears exhibit.


And after a solid nap, we headed over to play in the leaves outside.






(Love my sister's face in this one!  Love how she loves our kid, too!)


Not sure what happened but at 10:30 Friday night, Phoebe threw up ALL over her bed, her animals, blankets, face and hair - guess that happens when you're fast asleep.  Three baths and two sheet-changes later, she was finally asleep around 1:00 in our bed.  It wasn't exactly a sound night's sleep for anyone, but she was back on the mend Saturday morning.  While Daddy went to a police auction, we headed out for breakfast (I think there were three bites of banana and three bites of plain pancake consumed) with my family and then off to Tuttles Orchard.

Uncle Steve got to entertain Phoebe on the swings.


On the monkey bars.


In the maze.


And every once in awhile, Phoebe would slow down long enough for a quick hug.


It was impossible to get the entire crew together for a single shot.  So here's one of Auntie Kate & me.


You'd never have guessed this girl was up sick just 12 hours earlier.  She had such a good time with everyone!


Here she is running through the hay maze.


And a pic of all the girls.


We did manage to make time to actually pick pumpkins.


By then, there was a lot of this.


But she was still happy to be there.


Just a bit pooped.


But not too tired to climb up the ladder and go down the slide a half dozen times before we had to head towards the car.


Of course, she had to stop and hold the puppy for sale.


And then decided she wanted to ride a horse after all.  This one was much bigger than the last one. His name was Gunner. And by the third and final lap, she didn't even want me to touch her.  Such a daredevil.


And just for posterity, Papou was there, too.  He was the guardian of the wagon, pumpkins and coveted apple slushies and my peanut-covered caramel apple.  Thanks, Papou!


It was sad to see everyone head out-of-town Sunday afternoon, but we're not that far away from Thanksgiving and will see my entire side of the family again.  Until then, it's back to packing up this house and attempting to sell it before our next little one appears.  And I think all the activity this past weekend has finally switched Phoebe's clock - she's back to sleeping through the night and in great spirits.

 She did say that her ear hurt this morning on the way to school.  However, she said that both feet hurt while she was getting dressed earlier (That was followed by a "CoCo did it..." - which we hear a lot, by the way) and last night during bath time, it was "My body hurts" but she meant her "booty."  Either way, we go back to her pediatrician this Friday for her weight check and I'll be sure to ask her doctor about all her other "ailments" as well. 

1 comment:

mkr said...

What a great weekend home. Looking forward to being in Chicago with you all soon. Love you!