It doesn't seem possible that Monday is here already - it was a whirlwind of a weekend! I must start off this post by saying that Ryan and I celebrated six magical years as husband and wife on Saturday and I couldn't be blessed with a better husband, friend or father to my child(ren). Who knew that six years ago when we were in sunny Aruba, we'd be where we are today. I love you, honey!
That being said, Saturday morning, I headed out (alone) to meet up with some of my oldest and dearest pals at Taylor's Homecoming. It was my ten year reunion and I am still amazed how easy it was to pick right back up and truly, how little most of us had changed.
This sight will never grow old for me - Taylor's bell tower kept the time for me for four years on campus and didn't chime enough while were there on Saturday!
We toured our old stomping grounds on Third North and couldn't believe how little things had changed. They did get new and improved bathrooms on each floor and the lounge furniture was newer, but other than that, it was still the "home" we'd known for four years.
This is the new prayer chapel that was erected after the five people from Taylor were killed in an automobile accident a few years ago. They've done a lovely job remembering and celebrating their lives and pointing people to prayer in all circumstances.
I about peed my pants in this picture - didn't know I could still get my legs up that far at this stage in the game. This is my ONLY friend from Taylor that lives in Indy and I am SO glad she does!
We hit up TOPPIT (The Only Pizza Place in Town) for dinner. Their breadsticks are just as good now as they were ten years ago! And of course the belly is bigger because of it!
We ended our night with laughs and ice cream at Ivanhoe's. The best place on earth.
Sunday we came home right after church because the Colts played at 1:00. Phoebe's friend McKenzie was over five minutes after we walked in the door so eventually, I put them to work in the kitchen and they made banana bread together. It actually went quite smoothly - I just pre-measured everything into bowls and they dumped, mixed and scraped.
Of course they had to stop and eat the lone banana that was still worthy of being eaten in its natural state.
I feel like Christmas cookies are definitely in these girls' futures together!
And here they are enjoying their finished project while coloring with glitter markers (which are - thank the Lord - washable)! Looks like their bread was a success!



1 comment:
Happy Anniversary friend :) Love the TU pictures!
Post a Comment