Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome, November!

We're a big fan of November around the Wallis' home.  Fall is officially here, the holidays are on their way, we find out whether we're having a girl or boy (this coming Friday!) and have a few fun things on the calendar.  Ryan and I had a date on Thursday - grabbed dinner downtown and then went and saw the Zac Brown Band.  Here's my handsome husband as we waited for the opening act to start.


Two acts and one hour later, we got to see what we came for.  Here's Zac Brown and the most amazing violin player we've ever heard (who I thought looked a bit like Uncle Steve).  The entire concert lasted over 3 1/2 hours but we had a great time!


YiaYia and Phoebe had a sleepover Thursday night and after MOPS on Friday, we met up with Daddy and Papou for lunch and had a little greek food.  Then YiaYia, Phoebe and I headed out to run a few errands.  It was only in the 40s that day and a girls got to do what she can to keep her baby warm.


We figured a stop at Starbucks was warranted - here's Phoebe relaxing with her baby and a pumpkin scone.  You'd think this face meant a nap was imminent but she refused the multiple attempts we made.


Phoebe also picked up this "friend" on Friday (thank you, YiaYia) - this character is from Dr. Suess' "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" - one of Phoebe's favorite nighttime reads.  Saturday we had clips in its hair and it went everywhere Phoebe went. 


First, I have to say, we made it to church an entire hour early today - thanks to daylight savings time!  Somehow, I had it on our calendar for NEXT weekend.  After church, we headed to YiaYia and Papou's for lunch.  Papou was gracious enough to put in new batteries so this turkey could dance and sing "Turkey in the Straw" to Phoebe's delight!  We made sure it stayed at their house when we left!


While the boys snoozed and watched football, Phoebe practiced her counting with necklaces.


And we had to make a quick grocery run before the Colts' game and the Kroger we stopped at had Phoebe-sized carts (those of you who know her, anything "Phoebe-sized" is truly irresistible to this kid)!  And don't worry, it was Sunday, so no alcohol was purchased!


I think by the end of our trip, the novelty of the cart had sort of worn off, but she still wanted us to load up the bagged groceries in her cart AND park it in one of the corrals after we'd unloaded everything into our car.


After a few batches of cookies, no nap, and a chat with Nana and Papa on Skype, Phoebe finally got to bed at 8:30 tonight so I'm fearful of what tomorrow morning will bring.  Here's hoping for the best!  I dug out a Disney Christmas cd to play on the way to school that I'm sure she'll enjoy!  Happy November, everyone!

No comments: