I'm posting these two pictures trusting no one will report me to child services. Here's proof that you get more comfortable with the second kid...
Further proof - yeah, that's a lasagna stain on his knee from my lunch that I ate while holding him...
We went over to YiaYia and Papou's to celebrate Mother's Day. Uncle Steve came down from Chicago to help in the celebration. As I have become a parent of two, I appreciate my own mother even more. What a tough job motherhood has turned out to be - but there's nothing MORE rewarding!
Phoebe helped YiaYia open gifts.
Then she helped me.
Uncle Steve got some Maverick time.
Phoebe got to enjoy a cupcake or two. Note the "royal robe" she was wearing around the house.
Then it became a sling to hold her "baby." Do you see her legs? This girl has a tendency to run into things, fall over things or kick things - which leads to some pretty banged up looking legs!
Cheese!
Maverick slept while we enjoyed the sunshine!
YiaYia with the kiddos while Papou slept.
Ryan has had a cold since Wednesday night so I feel like I've been a single parent and am exhausted. I admire and respect sooo much anyone who is put in that position as it is NOT easy. When Monday rolled around and sun was in the forecast, I decided to brave it and take both of them to the zoo.
We checked out the new bat and warthog exhibits. The warthog, although ugly, did not get his picture taken as Phoebe announced she needed to go to the bathroom and we were a long way from any of them.
We spent a LOT of time at the playground.
And after a quick lunch outside (I breastfed Maverick while Phoebe ate and chased ducks - not my finest moment, but I'm pretty sure I didn't flash anyone), we headed to the Plains. I paid a dollar so Phoebe could feed this cute face a slice of sweet potato. I'm amazed our three-year-old was brave enough to stick her hand to its mouth!
She inherited a whistle at YiaYia and Papou's on Sunday and has worn it ever since. It even made its way to the zoo. She blew it for the rhinos but I'm not sure they cared for it.
Every time we go to the zoo, the cheetahs are doing this exact thing in the very same spot. Must be a rough life.
And before we left, she wanted to go see the turtles and ducks one more time. She put this outfit together herself, courtesy of Ella's hand-me-downs. There was pink on the shirt, so technically, it all went well - except the yellow fairy socks...those came from Nana!
And here's our little superstar. He's taking a 4 oz. bottle at night like a champ (I'm wishing I'd frozen 5 oz. bags instead of 4 oz. the whole month of April) around 9:30 and then going to sleep by 10:30 or 11:00. The best part of this story is that he woke up at 5:45 to eat Tuesday morning and not till 6:30 this morning. If this becomes a habit, he's going to be making his parents VERY happy!



1 comment:
LOVE the first two pictures!!!
Post a Comment