Thursday, May 19, 2011

One-Handed Blogging (and other daily activities)

The sun came out for awhile here in Indiana and we took full advantage of the rain-free days by being outside!  Phoebe loves to climb on anything she can!



Friday we had a showing at the house so I took the kids to a nearby park.  The lovely couple called twenty minutes after the scheduled showing time to cancel because our house was too far from their work.  Oh well, at least our house was clean and Phoebe got to burn off some energy while Mav and I got some fresh air.




We were anxiously awaiting a box of clothes from Bella and Gabby in Arizona and when the UPS tracking said it was delivered (but we didn't have it) I was worried my worst fears had been realized - someone had pilfered a package off our front porch!  Lo and behold, our UPS guy is dyslexic and placed the box on our next-door neighbor's porch instead.  While Phoebe pulled shirt after shorts after dress out of the box, Maverick took a little snooze on GG's quilt.


Maverick also got a few hand-me-downs from a co-worker of Ryan's - including this cute sun hat and these rockin' John Deere boots. 


One of my all-time favorite restaurants is Cracker Barrel (don't judge, people!) so we headed there for dinner (who wants to cook in a clean kitchen, right!?) and Phoebe insisted on wearing this dress with pink leggings, orange crocs and a purple headband.  She walked into the restaurant like she OWNED the place and I can't tell you how many heads turned as she walked by. 


Saturday morning has just become a lot more enjoyable (and cleaner!) in the Wallis house because of this nifty invention!  Pancake batter in a spray can - delish!  Seriously! 


While I was slaving away in the kitchen, Ryan was trying out the Bumbo seat with Maverick.  I think he's a bit young still, but he didn't hate it.


We had to go pick up my car that had been serviced at the dealership and Phoebe wore another one of her "new" dresses.  This time with black leggings (until Daddy let her take a dip in a fountain...) and still the orange crocs.


After getting my car, we picked up this contraption to hopefully make my life a bit easier.  I had the wrap but never felt like it was very secure so always had to support him with one hand - thus the title of this post.  More often than not, Maverick likes to be held - especially as he drifts off to sleep - which leads me to only have one free hand.  If I can master the K'Tan on my own, life will become a lot less complicated!


Saturday night we Skyped with Auntie Kate as she left the next day for an almost month-long trip to Albania and Greece (I think there may be a third country but we stop keeping track after two...). 


Phoebe sang for Auntie.  She's added "Part of That World" from Little Mermaid to her repertoire but always comes back to her good ol' standby of "Tomorrow."  And those are stickers she got in a birthday card on her dress.


Monday morning, Phoebe wanted to dress herself and this is what she came down in.


Luckily her shirt got wet when she helped give Maverick a bath, so she went and put on her purple "P" shirt before we went to the dealership (again) to pick up our forgotten garage door opener.  Here is my normal view when I'm shopping with the two kids by myself.


The only time she likes to stick close by is when we're in the toy section!  Say cheese!  I will say, she stayed nearby from this point on because she took this shopping cart with her and pushed alongside me. 


Tuesday, Phoebe didn't wake up till after 9:30 so I let her stay home from school.  She hung out with Maverick and tried to help encourage his tummy time by propping his head up. 


I think at this point I heard Brutus outside and it almost sounded like he was hurt. As I went to the kitchen to look outside, I saw not one but TWO strange dogs in our backyard WITH Brutus. They had dug a hole under our fence and busted two of the fence boards. When I went outside, one growled nasty so I didn't let Phoebe go out to see them and although they weren't fighting, they weren't exactly playing nice. And without going into detail, let's just say Brutus has dominance issues. Luckily, they all made their way into Brutus' running yard so I ran out there and locked the gate and called Animal Control since neither of their collars had owner info on them. Ryan came home from work and got Brutus out (in case things took a bad turn) because Ryan can get dogs to do things I can't, even with treats! Of course Animal Control said it could take up to 48 hours before they arrived so we were stuck at home waiting. However, around 2:00 I glanced out and saw that the pen was empty. Those dumb dogs had dug ANOTHER hole and busted two more slats on our fence. Ryan spent the evening repairing the fence and filling holes -
NOT the way you think your Tuesday should go!



And here are a few pictures of our little guy who is getting SO big.  I love how alert he is when he's awake.  I guess I'm partial, but I think he's adorable (just like his big sister - who, for the record, climbed out of her crib this morning and opened her own door!  We do realize she's three and can handle a toddler bed - but we just haven't done it since she never has done what she did this morning...)





No comments: