Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend


We're a bit behind at the Wallis house - trying to get ready for an Open House, battling a head cold (I got in to the doctor at 5:20 Monday - was actually seen at 6:45 (boo!) - they gave me a TWELVE day prescription for amoxicillin), sharing my cold with Ryan and recovering from a long weekend with family spent largely outside - so forgive me for ALL the pictures in one post.

One of my co-workers, Kaylan, is crafty in a way I can only dream of being and our kiddos reaped the benefit last week!  She made these fun pillows (soooo wise to give a gift to big sister too!)...


And this little quilt (complete with its tribute to Indy with checkered flags and Colts' helmets).  There are also some lovely diaper cloths that I'm sure will make an appearance in future posts.


We are SO happy to have Auntie Kate in town for a few weeks this summer!  She stopped in for a visit Tuesday to see our growing kids!




And we finally got our freezer to serve as a home for all this breast milk.  We eventually went shopping and went a little crazy in the freezer section of the grocery store - who knew a side by side could be so limiting?


Friday morning, Auntie was at our house before 9:30 and the kids were just as happy as I was to see her!


We started out the morning getting Phoebe a much-needed haircut.   We've got those bangs almost completely grown out!


Phoebe has become obsessed with sandboxes lately and Auntie Kate has been more than happy to oblige!





Maverick did what he does best.


Phoebe (and Auntie) showing off their balancing skills.


Despite the gray skies and looming clouds, we opted for a little time at the pool.  And I feel like I need to preface this portion with the fact that Mav has had a recent growth spurt which resulted in my great lack of sleep.  I packed not one but TWO swimsuits for Phoebe and when we went to change, discovered that both of the bottoms made it in the bag but neither top - so we swam in a t-shirt and swim skirt - at least she was patriotic!?


Even Ryan joined us after work to help with baby duty.


I posted some of these pictures on Facebook because I just LOVE the way Phoebe loves her Auntie!  And I LOVE the way Auntie loves her back - there's just this huge abandon - it just makes me wish we lived closer throughout the year!










Sporting her stars and stripes (and some powdered sugar on the nose).


The siblings in their red, white & blue!


And once this girl gets water on the brain, it's hard to do anything else.  Unfortunately, we only had this baby pool available at 6:00 one evening but she didn't seem to mind.  And that's Maverick's sun hat she's sporting.


Ryan's attempt to make baby boy clothes stylish after church on Sunday.


CoCo has been having a vacation at YiaYia and Papou's house the last month
(to help their dog Kali get fit and trim). 


The official three month picture.  CRAZY how time flies!


On Monday, we headed to CarmelFest with YiaYia and Auntie Kate.  It was SO stinkin' hot (which is especially no fun when you don't feel good) but Phoebe had a great time and Maverick doesn't seem to mind hot weather either.  There was a small petting zoo.


And of course she had to ride the pony - this one's name was Diablo.  She just looks like SUCH a big girl!




She really got into waving while being paraded around the loop!


And the girl LOVES to bounce!




A tired (but happy) family picture while Maverick lounged comfortably in his stroller.


Phoebe loved visiting the firetrucks.  That is, until the dalmatian mascot came around (she is NOT a fan of people in costume) and ran towards a woman dressed just like YiaYia (but was not YiaYia) and clung to her pants for dear life.




I wanted to end this post with the most amazing piece of artwork Phoebe has drawn to date.  This is the first time she's drawn our family.  Clockwise from the upper left corner it's Maverick, Phoebe, Mommy and Daddy.  LOVE IT!!!


3 comments:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

Oh, I'm glad Phoebe liked her pillow! I love her hair cut! It's super cute!

Bethany said...

That pictures is amazing! Cute pictures too. I can't wait to see your family again. It's been too long.

mkr said...

As the Auntie, I can say I had just as much fun as Phoebe did! Honestly, my highlight while being in Indy has been hanging out with your kiddos. Glad to have two more weeks here to spend with you!