Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beating the Heat!

It's been freakishly hot in Indiana (along with probably half the United States) but we've  been trying our darnedest to stay cool.  Here's our little guy standing with a little assistance from Daddy.


Our last Friday morning with Auntie Kate.


In an effort to stay cool and avoid the crowds, I thought we'd try something a bit different.  We headed to the Rhythm Discovery Center downtown.  Auntie loves music and Phoebe loves to sing and play so we gave it a shot!  There was plenty to keep us entertained!  I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking...












Phoebe preferred to run, skip and dance to the bongo beat over playing them.


These sound-proof rooms came in handy!










They had this activity center geared towards kids that was FULL of instruments and noisemakers!










This contraption was my favorite.  You just pushed the various "doorbells" and you could hear a bird whistle or a horse gallop.




Saturday, Phoebe and Maverick hung out with Auntie, YiaYia and Papou while Ryan and I test drove some mini-vans (never thought I'd type those words...) and then Phoebe ended up spending the night and went to church with them the next morning.  We'd planned on getting in some time at the neighborhood pool but it was reserved.  Not one to disappoint, Auntie and Phoebe ran through the sprinkler a few times to cool off.




Phoebe (and the rest of us) are really going to miss Auntie now that she's back in Pennsylvania.  We had such fun and can't wait till she's in town next! 


And here's one more picture of Maverick since he was attached to me while I was taking pictures at the Rhythm Center - got a little Cubs gear on since he had a blow-out after lunch!


1 comment:

mkr said...

I had SO much fun with you and the kiddos. Just wish PA were closer so we could do it more often! Love you guys and miss you lots!