Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good-bye July!!!

This little guy seems to be growing like a weed these days.  Lately he's been working on producing large amounts of drool and his eye/hand coordination.  Here's his impressive grip on a rattle.



...or a fake chicken leg.  I have a feeling we'll have to watch him closely as Phoebe likes to give him toys to play with.  Yesterday I walked into the room and he was trying to look around a large stuffed animal she'd put on his face.


Silly big sister!


Here she is sporting her apron she decorated with Auntie Kate.


On Friday we turned in my beloved Subaru as its lease was up on the 3rd.  It's hard to believe we got it right after Phoebe was born - if Subaru would just make a vehicle with a third row, we'd have stayed with them - it was a fabulous car for our new family. 


Saturday was spent at a dealer's office in Anderson (as they had the model we'd been looking for that we couldn't find elsewhere).  And since we were in Anderson, we made a stop at GGma and GGpa Newell's.


Phoebe showed off her Twinkle Toes.


Phoebe was ALL over the place - I really should just let the pictures do the talking.  She came in like a tornado and got out every possible thing she could play with into the middle of the floor. I'm pretty sure they were both exhausted after we left two hours later. 










We're also working on getting Maverick comfortable in the bumbo seat.  He's tolerable of it for very short periods of time but it gives him a little variety from the swing and bouncy seat.


And lo and behold, here's the newest addition to the family.  We took the plunge and made a practical vehicle choice and are now owners of a mini-van.  We LOVE the extra space and think we'll actually enjoy it (words I never thought I'd say)!




After my first successful day driving the beast to and from downtown, we stopped by the library.  Phoebe & I participated in the summer reading program  -  she got the full 600 points available and got to put her name on the wall.  We're so proud of her - she absolutely loves books.  Just recently they've started really working on the alphabet at school and her grasp of letter recognition has me completely impressed.  In my humble opinion, she's a genius (but then why shouldn't she be...just look at her daddy)!

1 comment:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

I am so jealous of your mini-van!! I want to go for a ride sometime!!!