Normally, when you're preparing to move, people like to rid their lives of excess clutter - not us! A co-worker won this little beauty at the State Fair this summer and brought it to work for Phoebe. The night we brought it inside, she used it as a trampoline, a pillow, a balance beam - she loved it! However, at 4:41 a.m., she came into our room crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she cried, "I can't get my pink crayon..." and to the left of me, I hear Ryan mutter, "I knew that crayon was a bad idea..."
Friday, after KinderDance, we headed to the Indianapolis Zoo. I dream of one day being one of those moms who plans ahead and is greatly organized. But for now, we're just embracing the serendipity of our lives and if that means forking over $15 for an individual pizza and breadsticks and two drinks at the zoo for lunch, so be it! The turtles and ducks put on a show for us while we ate so it was worth the price!
The real reason we headed to the zoo (besides the gorgeous weather) was to see the baby elephant. I think her name is Kalina and she was born weighing 283 pounds. She looks itty-bitty and Phoebe had a great time watching her walk around with her mama.
Of course we had to spend some time on the playground.
And ended our trip in Phoebe's favorite exhibit - the dog sharks! She loves trying to pet them - although I think they see her coming and steer clear of her hands!
This guy just cracked me up so I had to take its picture.
Watching the polar bear get some sun.
Since it was such a pretty day, we stopped at the White River Gardens to see their orchid exhibit.
It's not geared for children, but Phoebe still managed to have a good time while we walked through.
This little guy STILL has hives but they come and go and aren't nearly as awful as they were. He slept through the night last night - which he hasn't done for about a month so that was a nice surprise. He enjoys sitting up with some assistance and LOVES to watch Phoebe, regardless of what she's doing.



1 comment:
i love Maverick's ears. Those and his dimples. Cannot wait to see and hug your kiddos and you too of course! I'll see you in less than 24hrs! :)
Post a Comment