Friday, March 2, 2012

Parks and Parties!


Apparently if I don't post the Monday after our weekend, everything becomes a blur and then I add way too many pictures!  Being silly in her snow hat inside since there is still no snow outside!


This little guy is getting into trucks!

 

And graduating to big kid bath towels!




Last Monday I got a call from day care that Maverick was running a low-grade fever.  We got him in to the pediatrician for a 5:00 where he was diagnosed with an ear infection.  When I was picking them up around 2:30 I was informed that day care would be closed the next day so the boilers in the church could be replaced.  One day became two so I went to work in the morning and Ryan worked the afternoons.  By Wednesday afternoon  everyone was a bit stir crazy so we headed to a park.  It's amazing how much more an almost-four year old can do than a three year old.




She had NO fear climbing, hanging, etc.


And this one got to try out the swing for the first time - I'd say he enjoyed it!


Swinging together although I'm pretty sure Phoebe is done with the baby swings!




The sun went behind the clouds and the temperatures dropped so after about an hour outside we headed to a boutique toy store.  We were the only ones there for about thirty minutes so the kids had free reign in the store!


Guess who likes trains?


Phoebe discovered a $50 play cash register and was enthralled.  Unfortunately, so was Maverick.  This is her saying, "Mom, will you please come get Maverick???"  I have a feeling it won't be the last time...


When we got home, I ran outside with Brutus - when I came back, Phoebe had locked Maverick in Brutus' crate!


Maverick has also discovered how to unlock the crate.


 

Friday evening, Nana and Papa made it in from Georgia because Bailey was having her third birthday party on Saturday. Maverick slept through the first hour of it in the van but Phoebe had a blast inside!


We came here for her birthday last year - it truly is amazing how much changes in a year!


 

 

 

Phoebe climbing with the birthday girl!


 
Cake!

When he finally woke up he got to show off his new swinging skills!







He even got to play with more trains!


 

After a long day and baths, Nana and I took a p.j.-clad Phoebe to a self-serve yogurt place nearby.  She thinks it's ice cream and loved putting mini m&m's on all by herself!


Just some cute sleepy Sunday morning faces.



 





After Nana and Papa headed back to Georgia, we ran to church and a few open houses and then ended up at another park since it was so nice outside.



 

 

 
And for posterity, I have to write two quick stories.  Sunday night we were getting ready for dinner and Phoebe comes to me and says, "My heart hurts."  She goes on to say it's hurt most of the day and I try to get more information from her and try to figure out how/when we should get to the hospital.  Ryan comes home and I have her tell him what she's told me.  Turns out, she just missed her Nana a whole awful lot.  Once the truth came out, I burst into tears...I hate the way being a parent makes you SO completely vulnerable but I wouldn't have it any other way. 
The other story is a not-so-proud parenting moment.  We all got home around the same time one day this week and Phoebe was going to go walk the dog with Daddy.  I'm running around changing, doing laundry (as the amoxicillin has done a number on Maverick and he had at least one blow-out a day) - as I walk out of the laundry, I notice the front door open and it's VERY quiet.  Maverick was standing at the top of the stairs ALL ALONE.  The front door apparently pops back open if not closed tightly enough.  We experienced a fall down the stairs with Phoebe when she was learning to walk and I am SO thankful I came out when I did.  I grabbed him and held on tight for a VERY long time...

No comments: