Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feverishly Awaiting Spring!


Last Wednesday we celebrated my birthday very low-key with a quick dinner at one of my favorites -  Shapiro's.  After baths, I got to blow out my candle atop the most delicious baklava cheesecake I've ever had and then we got to open gifts.  Phoebe was very interested in helping - Maverick, not so much.


Ryan even made sure I had a birthday balloon - although if you look closely, I'm not sure it was really for me.


Friday morning we headed to KinderDance.  The room I usually wait in was occupied so I got to observe firsthand while running after this quick guy!


Phoebe's the one with the blue and white striped leg warmers on!




This picture is purely for posterity in case I ever forget "those days."  I sent it to Ryan with the blurb, "Yeah, I know you're jealous..."


We ended up at Steak 'N Shake for dinner and Phoebe devoured her Oreo ice cream sandwich (obviously!) - Happy 100th Birthday, Oreo!


Saturday, I got to go out for breakfast with my dear friend from college, Amanda.  While waiting for her arrival, I tried to take a few pics of this happy guy!  Here he is rocking his Carhartt camo from Nana!


We ran a few errands on Saturday and made a stop at Gigi's Cupcakes for my free birthday cupcake.  Phoebe picked out her own pink princess one.


The rest of us split a Banana Cream Pie cupcake - Maverick enjoyed the Nilla wafer off the top!


Sunday, after adjusting to the time change and church, we headed to YiaYia and Papou's for lunch.  YiaYia is trying to get Phoebe interested in learning about why we celebrate Easter but the princess barbies trumped Jesus' resurrection that afternoon.  I'm hoping to do a few activities as the holiday draws near that will hopefully bring some meaning for her. 


Maverick proved he's got some musical potential!


Love those baby blues!


And to quote our realtor, "Mr. Bill," here's "Hollywood!"


Trying out their chairs.


Phoebe actually started acting weird Saturday night when we sat down to dinner, she got real quiet and refused to eat.  She went to sleep easy but woke up with a very runny nose.  While at YiaYia and Papou's she felt warm but she only wanted to be outside.  However, later that night, she felt warm again and sure enough had a temperature - so we stayed home from school on Monday just to be safe.  Ryan was getting over a sinus infection when Nana and Papa visited a couple weeks ago but never seemed to kick it.  He went to a Minute Clinic where he was told it was simply allergies and then the next day went to the family doctor and was informed it was a viral infection and would just need to run its course.  I'm grateful that doesn't seem to be what Phoebe had.

Phoebe is figuring out that Maverick is now tough enough to handle some of her loving gestures.  Not sure he really appreciates them but I have visions of these two "loving" each other as they get older after watching them interact on Monday.








Since we were "sick" at home all day, we decided to go to a park and have a quick picnic dinner just to get some fresh air.  We've had some crazy weather for March and are so excited that the next seven-day forecast is upper 70s and low 80s.  Spring is definitely on its way!








Ryan got her to attempt to slide down the pole.  This one has a fearless streak in her, that's for sure!


She had so much fun she did it again...and again...



Here's hoping the germs are on their way out with the winter weather.  We're ready to embrace Spring full force - if only we could locate our warmer clothes in the maze that is our storage unit(s)!!! 

No comments: