Be prepared for picture overload in this post! I just couldn't resist adding so many to accurately depict our crazy, whirlwind weekend. Friday morning, Auntie Kate came over to go to KinderDance with Phoebe.
From there, we headed to the parade. It was absolutely nuts and we were in the direct sunlight so it made for a bit of a long morning but it was highly entertaining.
Before the parade officially started, Phoebe loved running out into the street (since that's normally a big no-no).
Auntie went out into the street to pose with her and they got a visitor. One they weren't quite sure of...
Lots of green in the streets!
Lots of candy, too!
Look at all that hair!
This little guy was more than ready for his nap!
After the parade, we headed to the City Market while Maverick snoozed in his stroller.
Luckily, there was a free bounce house and Phoebe fully took advantage of it!
When Maverick woke up, he got to enjoy it too!
From there we headed to the zoo!
I kept telling Auntie it was our day! We saw SO many animals up close and personal. This tiger was pacing back and forth - sort of freaked me out and had me questioning the stability of the glass wall separating us from him...Phoebe couldn't have cared less!
Gibbons!
Brown bear was taking a dip in the water, playing with his stick - usually he's asleep behind a rock!
Of course we had to make a stop at the playground.
Then we went to the desert and saw BOTH lions - awake!
Saturday, we headed to the Children's Museum. I love Phoebe's face in this picture (I can just hear her saying, "Come on, Mom!")!
Uncle Steve and his girlfriend, Bevin (whom I failed to get a great picture of - but we'll remedy that at Easter) met us there to check out the new Mr. Potatohead and Legos exhibits.
After the Legos, we headed to the Barbie exhibit. Auntie got the easy job of hanging out with Maverick while Uncle Steve showed everyone how serious he was about fashion.
Then we headed to PlayScape - I was anxious to see how much Maverick would be able to do since the last time we were at the museum, he wasn't even crawling!
He's just days away from walking on his own. In the meantime, he's happy to have helpers!
And he has an eye for the mower just like big sister did at his age!
We headed up to do the carousel and got on the ride just before the last one of the day.
Anybody want some ice cream?
Sunday, after church and a quick trip to the Gun & Knife Show, we headed to YiaYia and Papou's to celebrate winter birthdays. This little guy loves the swing just as much as Phoebe does!
Attempting to fly a kite.
Grandpa and Grandma came to help in the celebration so we sang Happy Birthday for his February birthday, too!
Ryan bought a sentimental card to give me from Phoebe. This is me sans make-up since I cried it all off. This little girl is growing up way too fast! In fact, she went with me to get something out of the van and I told her I didn't want her to grow up. She goes, "But Mommy, I have to so I can be a mommy just like you." LOVE HER!!!
She was a great assistant helping everyone with their cards and presents.
Trying out the piano.
Family time!
Oops!
A fairly successful attempt at a family picture!
One more chance for some Auntie loving before we headed home.
And then a quick game of chase with Uncle Steve.
How did we get so lucky to have family on both sides love our kids so very well!?



No comments:
Post a Comment