Sunday, April 1, 2012

Parks and Parties (again)!


I'm officially done with my 10-day round of antibiotics after missing work and finally getting diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis.  Starting off 2012 with an HSA has not been in the Wallis' family's favor!  But after a few days on drugs, whatever "normal" is these days began to come back into focus just in time for the weekend!  We headed to a park to burn some energy. 








We even headed to one Sunday afternoon. 


This little guy stays pretty contained while at the playground - however at home, it's another story entirely.


Thursday night we had another birthday party at Monkey Joe's - thankfully it's much more tame on a weeknight.  If we had another bloody nose I think we would have sworn this place off for good!  It was slow enough that Maverick even got to explore on his own a bit.


But he did require some assistance.








Friday morning hanging out in Big Sister's room.


Once he came out from under the easel, I saw he'd been eating the chalk and crayons he was playing with.  Halfway through wiping his mouth I ran to get my camera (he IS the second born after all...).


Nothing says good parenting like crayons in the teeth, right?


...or Ziploc bags ALL over the floor...


Since nap time was a losing battle Friday afternoon, I packed the kids up and we headed to...yes, another park!  But the weather has been so nice and it gets us exercise and fresh air AND it's free, so why not!?




We took bread to feed the ducks and geese and discovered even the fish were hungry!  Both kiddos love the water just like their daddy does!


We're almost walking on our own (he's gone four or five steps before the inevitable face plant), in the meantime, we're using this little toy for assistance.


After church we ran to storage in an attempt to get rid of some baby stuff and hoped to find some spring attire and sandals.  Phoebe was a good sport while we searched...




So was this guy!


We didn't find any flip flops or spring work clothes but we did find our tricycle and scooter!


We ran into Marshalls quickly while Maverick napped and Phoebe found some shoes that she desperately wants for her birthday.  She is going to be four but I'm not sure she's ready for these just yet!


I caught her admiring herself  in the mirror as we walked around.


This guys wants to ride, too!  Until then, it makes for an ok push toy!


Just being goofy as she signs yet another friend's birthday card! 

No comments: