Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Fest 2012

Be warned, this post contains WAY too many pictures but we had SO much fun and wanted to get all the memories on camera!  Thursday night, Auntie Kate arrived after the kids were asleep and it was so fun watching them get reacquainted in the wee hours of the morning!  It's nearly impossible to be quiet in our apartment so I'm pretty certain it wasn't Auntie's most restful fall break, but we sure enjoyed having her stay with us!  She does a fantastic job loving her niece and nephew and they had a blast with her!




Opening the care package she brought with her. 


Friday we ran around and on Phoebe's list was "Valentine's Day Park" - better known in Indianapolis as Holiday Park - she had the right idea anyhow...  Maverick fell asleep on our way there so I hung out in the van while the girls got out and played.






Once Maverick woke up, he wanted to try out the different playgrounds, too!


Auntie said this picture is proof the kid needs a haircut - I think it just shows how fast they were going!




Phoebe loved helping Mav down the slides.




Showing off her snarky side.


Trying for a photo opportunity with both kids.


Settling for this one instead...


Keeping tradition, after eating breakfast with YiaYia, Papou, Uncle Steve and Bevin Saturday morning (where Phoebe treated everyone in the restaurant to a solo performing her latest song obsession, Taylor Swift's "Love Story"), we headed to Tuttles Orchard.  With the drought we experienced this summer, they had all their apples off limits this year, but there was still plenty to keep us occupied.











Auntie makes the best faces when trying to entertain our kids!




NOODLE BODY!


Uncle Steve was a good sport with hay to the face!














This little one continues to want to do EVERYTHING his big sister does.








Burning a little more energy before heading to the country store for a snack.




Not only did they have apple slushies, they also had pumpkin pie slushies and peach slushies as well.  Top it off with fudge, pumpkin muffins and carmel apples and we were stuffed!


Man oh man, does this guy love corn like his daddy!  He shared with Daddy and then shared with Papou!


Sunday morning before church.  Who knew iPhones would come in so very handy!?


The kids showing off their new duds from Auntie!  She keeps them in style!




Silly Uncle Steve.  I know my siblings had to be exhausted when they arrived back to their respective homes Sunday night.  Our kids are high-energy all the time and they go non-stop till bedtime.




My boys.




Sibling love.


Maverick waving to Kali as we're saying our good-byes.


Hard to believe we're all looking at the camera and smiling but Bevin snapped a family picture for us before Katie headed back to P.A.


The kids were having so much fun playing in the yard with sticks and I think his face pretty much says it all.





One more noodle body for the road!


These kids keep us on our toes!  Ryan's boots bit the dust recently and we ordered a new pair that arrived this week.  Who knew that a box full of packaging could be so entertaining?  Rest assured they were closely monitored while cavorting in the box and Mama snuck the mess out to the dumpster during bath time.

Last week while driving downtown, I asked Phoebe what she wanted to be when she grew up and she gave me the same answer she always gives when I ask, "A mama."  I got all sappy about it this time around and started telling her how being a mom was the BEST thing in the entire world and how blessed I felt that God picked ME to be THEIR mom and as I'm tearing up, Phoebe interrupts and yells, "Mom!  I just saw a garbage truck!"  Oh how she makes me laugh.


The house continues to evolve.  Cabinets are in, counter tops are installed and the shutters and flooring are waiting in the garage.


They even took advantage of the lovely weather we've had recently and gone forward with the landscaping.  They only sod the front of the house and seed the back.  I think we may have grass growing in the backyard by the time we move in - otherwise, we'll be taking Brutus on walks to the remaining vacant lots in the neighborhood till Spring comes!


No comments: