After uploading ALL of these pictures, it's no wonder we're tired! Last week three out of the four of us got colds. YiaYia came over Friday night so Ryan and I could grab dinner out and we ended up at an Urgent Care after we ate and Ryan was diagnosed with a sinus infection and got put on antibiotics. Lovely way to start the weekend right!?
Luckily, Auntie is back in Indiana working at Taylor University for a year and that means we get to see her a LOT! We met up with her bright and early Saturday morning. First thing on Phoebe's agenda!? Donuts! Maverick is fairly picky when it comes to food in general and donuts are no exception. We've seen him pick the sprinkles off the frosting and call it good. We've seen him lick the frosting off another and be done. I was shocked and amazed when he actually ATE the donuts. However, continuing his weird-eating-habit streak, this is how he ate his (and Auntie's) munchkins.
After "breakfast" we headed to the Zionsville Farmer's Market. Maverick gravitated towards the rocks. Auntie swiftly picked out ONE rock that he could take with him and we moved on to feed the chickens!
Mack had no problem feeding them the dehydrated meal worms.
Neither did the Phoebes!
After checking out the produced, we headed to the nearby park for some playground fun, hoping to beat the rain.
Unfortunately the clouds decided they were full and let loose while we were still playing so some of us took shelter in the playhouse.
Conveniently, there was a fun toy store just down the block that we've frequented in the past when the kids needed a break so it was the perfect escape from the rain!
After the toy store, we stopped at Cookie Cutters to get Maverick's hair under control (thus the balloons). While Ryan was home recuperating, we ran errands for him and stopped at Home Depot.
We finally installed our (hopefully) last ceiling fan this weekend. While I was debating which one we'd decided on, the littles were silly with their Auntie.
Seriously silly.
Then we stopped for lunch with YiaYia and Papou. We've pretty much come to the conclusion that we should no longer eat out with our children. We reached this stage when Phoebe was younger as well so it's no surprise we've hit it with Maverick. After we left, Maverick displayed his lack of listening skills and ran out into the parking lot. Luckily (?) he fell before he got out into traffic. I cried and felt like a fool when I ran into a co-worker in the parking lot but there's nothing scarier than NOT having control of a situation that is potentially dangerous to your child. Don't get me wrong, I understand that I'm never fully in control but the whole parking lot situation still gets me in a mess.
That being said, we're working on obeying. The FIRST time. While getting ready Sunday morning, Maverick decided he wanted to get IN the shower with me. Phoebe quickly followed suit. She is NOT a fan of the shower so I was a bit surprised. I got out. They stayed in. A good time was had by all. We tried showers on Monday night instead of baths and they were NOT excited about actually getting CLEAN in the shower. I think we're back to baths for the time being.
The Hamilton County Fair was going on so we headed to the fairgrounds in Noblesville for some down-on-the-farm fun. Maverick LOVED the tractors.
Found out about another pumpkin patch we'll have to try out in the fall.
Then stopped by this booth that was offering dance classes. Phoebe got all ballerina'd-up and glitterfied while I signed up for a chance to win five months of free classes... She's been in KinderDance, Crouching Tigers and Happy Feet while at Shalom and whenever I ask her which activity she wants to continue when she starts kindergarten, she always says "dance."
They loved watching the equestrian competitions.
We watched the Walk-a-Llama but Ryan pointed out we weren't wearing proper shoes to actually "walk" the llamas...Next time we'll know better.
Cooling off with some sno-cups.
One last stop by the tractors before heading out in time for naps...
We made a stop at the neighborhood playground before dinner on Sunday and Maverick was insistent on walking the trail to get home while Phoebe wanted to take the short route (full of sprinklers). While Ryan went with Phoebe, I made the trek with Maverick. He found this caterpillar shortly into our walk. After playing with it for a bit, we safely put it back on the ground and I swiftly grabbed Maverick before he attempted to stomp on it. So much for being sensitive to God's creatures...
This little guy has an adventurer's spirit and loves to explore.
Once we got back to the sidewalks, we were greeted by Ryan and Phoebe on the lawnmower. Phoebe was "driving" and thought she was hot stuff! Maverick climbed aboard and my arms got a much-needed break!



No comments:
Post a Comment