Tuesday, July 16, 2013

We had another busy weekend and summer is going by WAY too fast for this little girl!  We got our first kindergarten book fees invoice in the mail today - think we could just not pay it and stay out of school another year!?  She's been very excited about going to BIG school but this past week she said she didn't want to go, she just wanted to stay with me.  I tried to explain that even if I didn't work, she'd still have to go to school but it just doesn't make much sense to her five year old brain.
 
 
In the meantime, we'll continue to soak up the sun, getting dirty, wet or sandy, whichever it may be.
 
 
Friday morning, Ryan headed to Grissom Air Force Base to enjoy his Father's Day gift.  He drove around this Lamborghini for a bit.

 
And because it was SO fun, paid an additional fee to race this Ferrari while he was there...fair enough, considering I don't see owning either model in our near future.  Or ever.

 
Friday afternoon we headed to Richmond, Indiana for a wedding rehearsal for my dear friend Amanda.  After a brief and efficient rehearsal, we headed to her future-in-laws' in Ohio for dinner and fun outside.  The kids had SO much fun running around that they weren't interested in eating at all!

 
Ryan regretted not bringing his fishing pole - the pond was well-stocked.  The kids had so much fun and burned so much energy.  We got back to the hotel after stopping at various locations for some mac & cheese, hot dogs and hamburgers.  When they're hungry and tired, some things just aren't worth fighting...

 
They both conked out before 10:30 - which, considering we were in a hotel room together, I'll count as a success!  Phoebe and I had to be at the church at 8:00 the next morning which was just a little rough.  Phoebe wasn't so sure about getting her hair done but LOVED the curls once she saw the finished product!

 
 
 
 The beautiful bride.  Seriously, one of the MOST amazing people, inside and out.  She's going to be a great wife and I'm terribly sad that she's now in Ohio.  Guess that means there are lot of fun little road trips in our future!  She's married to Andy, who has a five year old son that will also be starting kindergarten in the fall.  Who would have ever guessed we'd have kiddos in the same grade!?  God is good and I am SO excited to see this adventure begin for the Lee's!
 

 
It was so special to participate in this wedding WITH my daughter!

 
LOVED every minute of it! 

 
The only bad thing about being IN a wedding (not to mention one your child is also in) was that I didn't take a single photo after this point.  And Ryan was too busy corralling Maverick to take any himself.  Can't wait to see the professional ones!

 
Sunday after church, we grabbed brunch.  We opted for first available seating which put us outside in almost 90 degree weather and the kids were NOT interested in eating (see a theme?) and wanted to do anything but sit at the table!  Luckily, I got some good photos (and a sunburn!) out of the experience

 

 

 
The neighborhood pool was packed so we opted for a nearby splash park later in the afternoon.  I think I'd definitely choose the too-crowded pool over a crazy splash park any day!  Too much running and not enough paying attention - made me exhausted just watching all the action!



 


It's hard to believe in one month we'll be starting Kindergarten.  I'm sure we'll find PLENTY of things to do to fill our last month of "freedom" before we're on a school calendar for the next twenty years...

No comments: