Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Attempting to Slowing Down

At the end of dinner, Maverick asked, "Do you want to see how big I am?" and promptly stood on his chair.  Phoebe had to follow suit and then so did I.  We all seem to be growing quite nicely!


One way to make pulling weeds fun?  Make a bouquet and fake-marry your sibling!



Saturday morning, I heard Phoebe get up to go to the bathroom and then shut her door.  I snuck into her room to see what she was up to and found her reading.  I love that she loves books like her mama!


Before heading out to yet another Farmer's Market Saturday morning, Maverick got in a little playtime.


Even though the pink streamer is questionable, he is wearing a cape to sort of even things out...


Breakfast at the Market!


And then we headed to the local 4-H Fair to check out the animals.








And the farm equipment.






Modeling Daddy's hard hat before dinner.


I made a quick run into a store and Ryan was in charge of watching the kids...


Sunday, after church and lunch but before a friend's birthday party, we had exactly two hours to spare on the north side of town so we put our membership to good use and headed to Conner Prairie.








Who knew 8 cups of flour and one cup of baby oil could make cloud dough?  


Phoebe also tried her hand at some sand art.


Maverick was content to avoid the crafts and play in the store.


Ryan preferred making forts.


Phoebe was so excited she found one of Maverick's favorite books!






We had to practically force the kids outside to go visit the animals but I'm glad we did - all kinds of babies had arrived since our last visit!










And to guarantee a good night's sleep, we bought Maverick a Sky Zone pass while Phoebe jumped with her friends and a good time was had by all.  




No comments: