Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Up North

Phoebe has been having a blast at various summer camps and by far, her favorite one to attend is cheer camp.  They had a "performance" last week that I got to watch.  I love how much joy it brings to her - and how she cheers almost NON.STOP.  

  

She was super excited because she got to be one of the "fliers."


Friday afternoon, Maverick got a surprise visit from Auntie after lunch.  She kidnapped him and took him to the zoo for the rest of the day and they did it all!  




I think he could have ridden the train all afternoon!












Taking a breather with the birds.




Cooling off with Rio 4-D!




And ending their visit with the dolphin show!  


We started off the weekend at a local ice cream shop and both kids opted for Spider Man popsicles with bubble gum eyes (which is what he's trying to chomp off in the picture).


Never again will we purchase these popsicles.  Their skin was purple the rest of the night and neither of them even finished because it was a melty, sticky mess.   Next time we'll just opt for a scoop of ice cream and hope for better results!


Saturday, we headed north to visit with cousins from Colorado and their new baby, Noah.  We caught up with all our cousins from Anderson and Noblesville as well as the great-grandparents and aunts - I can not believe we didn't snap ONE single picture of our lunch at Bird's.  We had so much fun catching up!

After lunch, we headed to Upland to finally visit Auntie's house!  We do, however, have our priorities straight and made an ice cream stop at Ivanhoe's first.






We then made a quick tour of my old stomping grounds before the rain clouds let loose!






The kids were more excited to spend time with Gryphon again then tour Auntie's home but he's got those sharp baby teeth so it was an interesting afternoon that alternated between screams of delight and tears.   Phoebe left Upland with a few battle scars and holey pants but they both had a blast.






Sunday after church, Phoebe and I headed to a play date with some friends and the boys went for a hike at Maverick's request.  We love that the weather is finally cooling off and cooperating with us!  The girls opted to get in the pool, despite the 78 degree reading of the water!  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the girls' shenanigans either - at least Ryan pulled through and got a couple of this cute outdoors man!



No comments: