Here's a late summary of our full weekend. We started off with our annual trek to the Greek Festival. This was the first year the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and people came out in droves! I swear, I think we waited in line for a gyros a good 45 minutes! Phoebe was a trooper the whole night long!

My spelling will be horrendous, so let's just say I'm doing it phonetically - these were the oh-so-favorite loukamathes ("honey puffs") - Katie claims there not at as good when they're not fresh out of the fryer, but when you only get them once a year, you'll take them however you can get them!

Phoebe needed to eat too so YiaYia jumped at the chance. We had a good 6 block walk back to where we parked so we fed her at the festival - it's about as Greek as she can get right now!

We wish you nothing but the best in your next year, Mom! May it be full of love, laughter, blessings and peace. And of course lots of time with the Phoebster!
I think this picture of Phoebe pretty much sums up how we all felt at the end of the evening. We kept tradition with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (is there anything better?!) and didn't even save room for the baklava we'd picked up before we left the festival.
Once we got her in her pjs, she was good for a little one on one time with Papou. Let's just say, Phoebe felt the love from her Papouli and her Auntie Kate!
I love this one!
After the late night, we still managed to look bright eyed for church the next morning. I'd been waiting for Phoebe to grow enough so I could get her in this dress before it was too cool to wear it anymore. It's still a little big, but I think fall may happen sooner than we'd planned!
And then of course, after church, we had to gear up for that oh-so-important game! Ryan had a buddy who won some last minute tickets so Ryan got to go to the game in the new stadium. Lucky him! I watched the game at home while doing some work. If you recall, a couple years ago, I wasn't allowed to watch the games because it was bad luck...that all changed, however, I think my lucky streak is gone...Hopefully they just had to get that game out of their system and they'll have a stellar season. Go Colts!





1 comment:
These are such great pictures of the family. Treasure them! Love, Aunt Bonnie
Post a Comment