One of my all-time favorite pictures of me as a baby is one of me sitting on a pile of pumpkins, so we headed to Tuttle's Orchard, a place Ryan and I have frequented the last few years. First to try and snap some pictures of Phoebe with pumpkins and also to stock up on apples - really, is there anything better than an apple picked right off the tree?! We told our good friends the Taylor's we were going so they decided to come along. Below are Madison, Travis and Shawn, 5, 4 & 2.



The kids had a blast - there was a pile of hay to jump in, a hay bail maze, tractors to climb on and tee-pees made out of cornstalks. Great fun for the kiddos - we'll certainly have to bring Phoebe as she gets older!
We really had a great time. The weather was gorgeous and people were out in droves, but we got there early enough to beat the rush. There was no pile of pumpkins so we just set her in the dirt and surrounded her with a few. We took home a pumpkin for each of us to sit by our front door. And of course the day wouldn't be complete without an apple slush - yumm-o!


We've been trying to establish a bedtime routine with Phoebe. She's been getting a bath every night and tonight we decided to get a couple shots of her in the "tub" before she outgrows it. I'm not sure how much of a calming effect it has on her - she splishes, splashes and kicks throughout the bath experience and tonight ended up sideways in the tub. I'm sure if I didn't use the Aveeno "calming effects" line, she'd just be wired a few more hours. Afterwards, I give her a little baby massage because really, who doesn't like a massage now and then? Then I feed her and we try to read to her if she's still awake and then say "Now I lay me..."




1 comment:
Cutest pictures ever!! I think she gets cuter every day :) It's hard to imagine she is almost 6 months old. love you!
Post a Comment