Ryan insisted on capturing this moment on film - I guess it's something he used to do when he was younger (which explains a lot...). I have yet to see her do anything that I can claim as something she got from me - except for the way she arches her back in protest when you try to put her in her carseat. I have a feeling we've got a strong-willed child on our hands...
And although she looks tired in this picture, she's got the bluest eyes...
While visiting pre-Christmas in Anderson, I learned to take videos with my camera (not our videocamera which I'm still trying to figure out how to share) so that I can upload them. Here's our first attempt - although not monumental, you can see Phoebe in action. I honestly don't know how people with multiple children get anything done, let alone those of us with just one. We're just exhausted! We left last Tuesday after work for Georgia on icy roads (praise the Lord we didn't have any problems!) and made it in around 1:00 a.m. Phoebe finally got back to sleep around 3:00 a.m.
And oh the dogs! Between us there were two dachsunds and three pomeranians. Thanks to Mike and Carrie who left their two at home! We had such a fun time and even got to enjoy some warmer weather and sunshine while visiting.
We got back around 11:00 Sunday night and by 10:00 Monday morning we were at my family's home to celebrate Christmas with them. They'd refrained from opening any presents till we arrived so Katie was especially anxious for us to make it home. 
Phoebe didn't quite get into the whole opening presents thing but still made out pretty well. Although her attention span is pretty short, we now have a plethora of toys to distract her longer!
Ryan got a new tripod for Christmas so we had to break it in with a family picture.
We hope everyone enjoyed the holidays with family and friends. It's so hard to believe 2008 is behind us and we're facing a brand new year. May you all be truly blessed in 2009, may love and laughter fill your homes and true Joy fill your hearts.




No comments:
Post a Comment