Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Happy birthday to the love of my life (so it's a bit late since he turned 32 on the 7th, but I wanted to have pictures to post and we didn't really celebrate til this weekend)! It's hard to believe we're not just 30 anymore but well on our way into our thirties... I just want to take a brief second and mention just how much I love him. He's patient, kind, funny beyond words, thoughtful, honest, romantic, loves the Lord, loves my family, loves me, adores our little girl...I hope his 32nd year is by far the best he's ever had and I promise to do my part to make that happen for him. I love ya, honey!

And with that said, on to our latest drama, which isn't truly drama, really. With all of Phoebe's moving around now that she can crawl and LOVES to pull up on everything, I'm sure battle wounds are bound to come. I just didn't think they'd start in her crib! I took a shower on Saturday while Ryan was out running errands and left her in her crib to play. Of course she cried the entire shower (so no conditioner and a very quick shave later...) I go to her room and she's got snot running all down the side of her face and this hideous blip on her eye, so we both cried! She must have hit it somehow because it's a deep purple today - anyhow, I felt just awful and vowed to never shower again unless she's better occupied.

Saturday night we got together with the Taylor's and Nolan to celebrate. We went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and then headed back to their house for a little play time and a Dairy Queen blizzard cake for dessert (yumm-o!). Here Phoebe is with her Uncle Matt.



And here's Nolan posing for his picture to be posted on Facebook...


They had picked out all kinds of age-appropriate toys for Phoebe to play with but just like at home, it's the ones that aren't meant for her that she goes after...




I think Maddie misses having a little sister to play with!



Today, we went over to Mom & Dad's after church to celebrate. Katie couldn't make it down from Ft. Wayne (they got over 6 inches of snow this weekend) and Steve ended up having a work deadline of 4:00 on a Sunday (really?!) and that left us with just Mom & Dad. But it was nice and relaxing (as it can be with a near-nine month old...) Ryan asked for homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. She made green bean casserole too, just so there'd be something green on our plates. Can you guess who is starting a diet on Monday!? Phoebe got to taste mashed potatoes for the first time and is really enjoying her puffs.
She also made him a carrot cake that was oh-so-sinful!


He got all kinds of goodies, including wireless headphones to play videogames after Phoebe goes to bed, a jig saw, the Bible Experience and gift cards to Michael's, Dick's and my all time favorite, Chick-fil-a!



No comments: