Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Lucky Mama

And here's part two of our weekend. After Phoebe's dance-off in the mall, we headed to Anderson to celebrate cousin Gabby's 2nd birthday.




Phoebe had a blast playing with everyone. I just can't get over how fast kids grow up!





Believe it or not, I think the highlight of the party wasn't the cake but the marathon the kids ran up and down the hallway (over and over again).

On Sunday we got to spend some extra time with Uncle Steve who drove in from Chicago to celebrate Mother's Day. He helped Phoebe make a few baskets in the church gym before heading to the mall.



We had to pick up a gift on behalf of Auntie Kate and while there, Ryan got to do a little shopping at one of his favorite stores, Bachrach. Uncle Steve entertained with crayons and treated the adults to a much-needed caffeine fix. (Thank you, Uncle Steve).




However, once to YiaYia and Papou's, it wasn't all fun and games. It just seems that Phoebe likes to play rough with her Uncle Steve, but he's a good comforter so it all balances out and he gets a little snuggle time in the process.





After the fall, Uncle Steve had to make it up with lots of swing time. He eventually gave up and once I took over, Phoebe decided to show off her "no hands" trick. Oh we think she's hilarious!





After lunch we headed back outside, this time so Phoebe could push Uncle Steve!




On the way home, she took a much needed nap - here she is just relaxing (and yes, she still has the wa-wa, too - again, we're working on it...)





It's hard to believe this is my third official Mother's Day. I am blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband and a darling daughter. She is so full of wonder and spunk - she just makes life grand. And I'd be remiss not to mention my own mother - I've been blessed not to just be a mom, but to have a mom I admire and love so deeply. I am lucky enough to have a mom that I want to be like when I grow up. A woman who constantly seeks the Lord and desires to love others - how does it get any better than that? I love you, Mom! And of course, my mother-in-law. I'm also grateful for this strong woman who raised my husband to be such an amazing man. He's funny, he's faithful, he's compassionate and dedicated - all of these traits are because of you and Phoebe & I are so lucky. Thank you for being such a great mom to Ryan and a great "mom" to me as well. I love you, Doris!
Enough mush. We'll leave you with one last video. Here's one of Phoebe's favorite outdoor activities (again, thank you, Uncle Steve).


3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pic of Phoebe in the swing with her arms out and her eyes wide is currently my all-time FAVORITE picture of her!!!

The Pelhams said...

I love your hair in the first picture! Phoebe is adorable, I can't wait to meet her :) Cute video.

mkr said...

more more more more...she sounds like a broken record player. Ha! I also love the swing picture - super cute!