
She LOVED watching the penguins walk and swim!
And she now knows what a "rhino" is.

However, once she saw the carousel, she had eyes for nothing else.

And this little feature will get lots of use if it ever warms up in this place. Ryan said the water was freezing - I'll just take his word for it! There were children playing IN the water with their mothers watching. I just don't get it. It was in the low 60s. I just don't get it.

On Sunday, Phoebe decided it was going to be a no-nap day. After asking for "nanas" on Friday, I told her we could make banana bread since the only bananas I had were frozen ripe ones. She handled the measuring and stirring pretty well. So...when it came to Sunday, we had an office birthday Monday and I'd volunteered to make the dessert. Here we are, ready to start! See how cuddly she is when she doesn't nap!?

She excelled in taking the wrappers off the reese's cups and stacking them (and knocking them over).

Here's what we ended up with: Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle. Ours didn't look nearly as pretty, probably because we had to keep tasting it (just to make sure it was ok). I can now officially say for certain that Phoebe is indeed my daughter - any girl who has a love of reese's cups like I do must be related! We've already had an offer to get paid to make one for someone else's birthday so I'd say our team effort was a great success! Yumm-o!




2 comments:
Mmmm! How much do you charge to make this dessert?!?!
was that from Taste of Home? I think I saw that in there and it looks delicious! Did you should grandma Phoebe wearing her apron? I'd bet she'd get a kick out of that. Anyway, I can't wait to bake with you guys soon! love you!
Post a Comment