New Year's Day started off exceptionally well for the Phoebes. She got to open her last present and was thrilled with her new toy!
Here she is in all her jumping glory!
She even brought her babies over to try it out as a place to rest. Note they only get to sleep under the trampoline...
We made our annual trek to Shapiro's Deli for lunch and YiaYia and Papou joined us this year. They must have really missed us while we were in Georgia because they even met us for dinner and brought Auntie Kate for her last night in town to our favorite mexican dive, El Jaripeo.
Ah...we miss you Auntie Kate!
Once the work week began, we got down to business on the home front too. Lots of painting, organizing and late nights. Phoebe has had fun climbing the ladder that ends up in the middle of a variety of rooms or hallways.
Since I'm not supposed to be around paint, I've spent a lot of evenings after Phoebe has gone to sleep out shopping. Some trips have been productive, others not so much. I did find this cute little Colts hat for baby boy on clearance at Target which Phoebe swiftly declared as hers!
Friday after our 28-week doctor's appointment (everything is right on schedule) Phoebe and I headed out to do some last minute birthday shopping for Ryan. At one point, as I was driving through the snow, I glance back after I hear the "uh-oh" uttered quietly. We had some bags of coffee to take to YiaYia - one must not have been closed properly...needless to say, my car is now a brown mess but it sure smells good!
And we took a break from all the painting to celebrate Ryan's 34th birthday today with my parents. They graciously watched Phoebe Friday night so we could grab dinner out. Ryan got brownies and sea salt carmel ice cream for dessert (Phoebe put his candles in) and I think we all left the table stuffed!
Ryan was very patient waiting for his big birthday gift this year. He knew what he was getting before Christmas - a lot of the family chipped in to make this possible and after briefly playing a few games this afternoon, I'm so glad they did!
I secretly got this for Phoebe, but she may be a bit young to fully enjoy it. In the meantime, I think I'll be highly entertained watching Ryan jump and dance in front of the TV.
I've been told you can get quite the workout with this game so we'll see.
As I was walking through Best Buy, the sales clerk said, "You don't hear too many guys asking for that game..." when I asked for this one. I swear Ryan asked for it. We tried it out today and even had a dance battle - hilarious! Especially when you envision a 28-week pregnant woman trying to dance to Lady Gaga's Pokerface...
And because it's a new year, I got Ryan (and I) a new devotional to do together.
Phoebe's and my last stop Friday afternoon was Guitar Center. I'd picked out a new strap for Ryan's guitar online and of course they didn't have it in stock so I ended up ordering it online anyway. However, I did pick up a beginner's book/dvd combo for him to start learning how to play. As we were looking online at straps, Phoebe lined up all the guitar stands, went to poop (in her diaper) in the corner, managed to close and lock a sale clerk's cashier drawer and then exclaimed excitedly when she saw the ukulele display that they had "Phoebe-sized guitars!" I'm sure they were more than ready to see us go!
Here's a picture of Ryan trying out the Adventure game that came with Kinect.
And YiaYia proudly earning her bronze medal!
After YiaYia and Papou left, we headed to storage (one last time) and oh boy was it full!
Phoebe and I were NOT prepared to be outside as long as we were. Add to that no nap but discovering a wa-wa in her cup holder made it bearable (for all!).
And as the sun went down, we gave up on being organized and just began to pile. Let's just say, we hope to move before we need anything at the back of our unit (like a breast pump or pack n play)!
























No comments:
Post a Comment