Monday, January 24, 2011

Sick Days and Snow Days

Well, we survived last week but barely.  Phoebe came down with a cold Monday, her day off of school and ended up with a fever.  So she was home Tuesday.  We watched a lot of YouTube videos just so Mommy could have some variety!


We also stayed home Wednesday and even made a visit to the pediatrician since it was day three with a fever.  Her flu test came back negative and we were told we'd just have to wait out the virus.  She was truly in good spirits most of the time.  I did try to get some work done remotely so she entertained herself by dumping staples or crayons all over the desk.  It kept her busy and I got to work some so it was a win-win.


Thursday we stayed home too since we were still taking ibuprofen on Wednesday.  It ended up snowing quite a bit.  Here Phoebe is watching Daddy shovel before he left for work.


Here's her "I don't want my picture taken" pose.


Wednesday afternoon when I went in to work, Phoebe made this craft with Daddy from a High Five magazine (which we LOVE getting every month!  Thank you, Nana!).


We did manage to get dressed every day at some point.  She got a big box of clothes from cousin Ella which included these fleece pants and fun princess boots.  She also likes to put her apron on and help me make dinner.  And as long as the thermometer wasn't used on her, she had fun taking everyone else's temperature.


Since we were pretty sure we were well enough to go to school on Friday, Phoebe and I dressed warmly and headed out to shovel (so what if I'm 30 weeks pregnant - I was beyond experiencing cabin fever and desperately needed out of the house!).  It snowed enough that I called an early dismissal for the office and stayed home the entire day.  Luckily Ryan came home shortly after we headed outside and our next door neighbor came out for some snow fun.


Phoebe loves Mackenzie and because of the arctic temperatures we've experienced lately, there's not been a lot of time for playing outdoors.  It was fun to see them burn some energy and get fresh air, even if it was only for ten minutes or so!  Phoebe had, afterall, been home sick for four days...


And after a very rough night of little sleep Friday night (but successfully spending the entire day at school) we improved daily over the weekend. Here we are Saturday, again with the boots and another pair of Ella's pants, Phoebe discovered Diet Barq's root beer (one of my all time favorites when I drink pop).  She said over and over, "Mmm, this is good!"

 
She woke up this morning at 5:30 ready to go downstairs.  After waking up at 3:00 to go to the bathroom and not being able to successfully go back to sleep, I was not ready to get out of bed before the alarm.  Here's to hoping we 're in it for the long haul tonight! 

No comments: