Friday, Phoebe and I hung out at home so we could get our carpet replaced. They came at 10:00 and what was promised as a 3 hour event turned into 6! It was a L-O-N-G time to spend in our little sunroom with a lot of Phoebe's toys and the computer. However, we finally got to see the hardwoods that were underneath. Not in horrible shape, which surprised us - however, it was cheaper to get new carpet than have all the hardwoods refinished, so that's what we did.
And this is where we spent a LOT of our day. When I picked her up at school Thursday, she was in a different outfit. Typically this means we've had an accident - but this was not the case Thursday. Stomach flu is making the rounds of her classroom and Phoebe was the victim of her friend Mia. I think I prayed the whole way home and into the next day that we would stay healthy!
Phoebe was in a GREAT mood - and got introduced to Cinderella, Toy Story, Pixar shorts and Mary Poppins. Seriously, what would we do without YouTube?
We did take a break at one point to attempt baking cookies and this is where Phoebe landed. Note the video she carried into CoCo's crate with her...
And here's the finished product...Phoebe's room (aka the Colts room) with lovely, spankin' new carpet.
We had an Open House Sunday afternoon and a few visitors. Next time, I think we'll have signs put out on Saturday to give people fair warning. I don't think nearly as many people scour the paper for open houses as realtors think. I'm not too discouraged because our house is thoroughly clean, even if we ended the weekend a bit sleep deprived. Saturday night, Phoebe woke up at 9:30 and kept yelling for me. When I opened her door she announced, "I'm awake! You're already dressed!?" - it took awhile to convince her that it was still nighttime and that I hadn't even been to sleep yet...








2 comments:
That's funny that Phoebe was ready to get up and thought you were already dressed! I wish I had that much energy!!
Phoebe just gets cuter and cuter!!!
Post a Comment