Winter decided to rear its ugly head once again in Indiana so no more trips to the park or rain jackets this week. Just winter coats and indoor activities for us. After a rather anti-climatic visit to the OB on Friday (1 lb. weight gain and NO change otherwise) Phoebe and I ran errands. We ran to a children's consignment store and Hobby Lobby. Not many people know that a craft store carries books, but Phoebe figured it out months ago. And because I'm 39 weeks pregnant, I let her indulge while I sat down next to her. I can't tell you how many salespeople came up to me to make sure I was ok or offer me a chair. It was actually quite relaxing and I got in a nice phone chat with my mother-in-law as well. We did snag these dry erase crayons (we have a hard time remembering to put the caps on tightly so I thought this might be a good compromise). We tried them out this morning after dressing ourselves before church (rest assured this is NOT the outfit we wore out the door!).
And yes, we're mean parents, Phoebe is still in a crib, but only because she's never climbed out. However, I think that's short-lived.
After church, we had lunch with YiaYia and Papou. Phoebe had a sleep-over at their house Friday night and Saturday morning, she and Papou made birdhouses together. Then Phoebe went and picked out the colors with YiaYia and they painted them together. On Sunday, they glued on all kinds of things that sparkled.
Then Phoebe sang everyone a few renditions of "Tomorrow" and "Twinkle, Twinkle."
And along with Spring taking its retreat, it seems the novelty of being potty-trained has worn off as well. We had two accidents on Thursday and then just lucked out the rest of the weekend. We did go out and buy princess panties in an effort to encourage her efforts. We just hope they pay off and don't recess further IF baby brother ever decides to show up!



No comments:
Post a Comment