Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Panties and Parks!


After a super successful weekend potty training, we had a teacher switcheroo at school which led to loads of laundry washing shoes, socks and pants all week long.  I was ready to throw in the towel but Friday morning before our weekly OB appointment, Phoebe said she was ready to wear panties again.  And after leaving the hospital with less than exciting news (NO progress whatsoever) I didn't have high hopes for the rest of the day.  However, Phoebe surprised me so after a successful afternoon of going on the potty, we headed to Chick-fil-a for an ice cream cone and some fun in their play area.




And as I was digging for hand sanitizer, Phoebe found a tube of lipstick and wanted to show off her make-up application skills.


I bought Ryan a toy this past week and it's been nothing but pure entertainment for him, Phoebe and CoCo.



Saturday we just ran a few errands.  My goal (since it WAS our due date, after all) was to be on my feet as much as possible.  Here's Phoebe in a sheriff's car in honor of Granddaddy.


We also headed to Tractor Supply to check out their Easter stock of baby chicks and ducks.




Sunday we stayed in all morning, finishing laundry, mopping floors - all in an effort to get this litte guy moving.  We had one stop at Lowe's and it was there I had my first contraction of this pregnancy.  I had only back labor with Phoebe and this was the exact opposite.  Not that last time was comfortable, but this was painful.  But that was the only one that afternoon.  However, our bags were packed, so we threw them in the car, loaded up CoCo to take to YiaYia and Papou's and went to hit a park since it was a whopping windy 78 degrees outside.






While we were at the park, I began to have contractions about 15-20 minutes apart.  They weren't consistent, just unenjoyable. 






It was at this point in the park where I about passed out because I didn't think I'd make it down the steps.  However, we made it back to the car and I called the on-call OB and she said to hang tight.  I believe her exact words were, "It could still be three days..." which is something you should never utter to a woman already past her due date.


And since you all know how the evening ended, I'll save that for its own post.

No comments: