We went over to YiaYia and Papou's so Phoebe could plant some vegetables and wild flowers in their garden boxes that they'd worked on a couple of weeks ago.
Papou got stuck with the hard part.
YiaYia helped Phoebe plant tomatoes, zucchini and cucumbers.
Then they had to water all their plants.
THEN the beloved swing made its first appearance of the season.
Before we left, Phoebe went with YiaYia to pick some flowers.
We had a few really sunny days that weren't unbearably hot so we spent a LOT of time outdoors. We tried out her bubble mower.
Her soccer ball and goal that she got from Auntie Kate for her birthday. GOAL!
Taking a little break! The bangs are slowly growing out...
Playing a little golf with this set we got from Aunt Debi while we were in Georgia with our neighbor McKenzie.
Maverick took a nap for over 3 hours this way. Loved it!
Then the girls got into the orange Crayola bubbles Nana brought when Maverick was born. They're fun but messy! We'll find out today if they're truly washable - the dress is on it's second run through the washer now!
Friday, Maverick turned two months old - absolutely unbelievable!
We got to the pediatrician's to find the electricity in the building was out, but it came back on while they were weighing him on the battery-operated scale. He weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs. 6 oz. (50th percentile) and 23 3/4 inches (60th percentile) so he's staying right on track. He got his first round of immunizations and took the three shots like a champ!
He slept over four hours (in my arms) but wasn't fussy at all (Ryan had me scared after he recounted Phoebe's scream-filled day after her shots - I think I block all the negative parenting aspects out of my mind after six months).
Tomorrow I head back to the office. I've had nine lovely weeks off and although I'll admit it's not been easy, it's been oh-so-nice to have. We've made some fun memories and I continue to stand amazed that God has seen us fit to raise these two children as our own.



No comments:
Post a Comment