Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Twirling, Rolling & Pumping


Phoebe is quite the dancer these days.  I picked up this little number at the MOPS sale and Phoebe loves to put it on, twirl and sing.


Sooo graceful...just like her mama!


And she's not afraid to go out in public in her tutu, either.  She's fully mastered her tricycle, no longer needing the push bar we had on it last year.  She's probably ready for a bike, but we have something else in mind with wheels (stay tuned).


In other uneventful news, this little guy is doing a superb job of holding his head up - just like his big sister did when she was his age.


And more often than not, this happens quite often during tummy time.


The rollover.  Our pediatrician said at our 8-week appointment that he's a bit early on this feat, but we just told him we have talented kids...they get that from their daddy.


Phoebe continues to cross over into "big girl" territory - she got her first nightgown and has worn it ever since.  The first two nights, she woke up in the early morning hours to say she was cold, so I make her wear leggings underneath and although she insists she's "hot" and doesn't need them, she hasn't woken up since then.


Sunday afternoon, Granddaddy came for a visit.  He got plenty of play time with Phoebe.  They played with her megablocks.


Granddaddy enjoyed meeting Maverick for the first time. 
Phoebe did a good job sharing Granddaddy with her little brother.


Maverick rocking a camo hat in the lovely weather we've been having lately.


Granddaddy played in the sandbox.


Showed off his soccer skills.


And did a little hula.


Phoebe had to show him how it was done!


Then they came back inside to play some more after dinner.


Three generations of Wallis men - scary, isn't it!?


Phoebe (and Maverick) got a package from Nana (who lives in the forest) and GG on Monday.  When we visited over Memorial Day, Phoebe made the comment to Nana, "I didn't know you lived in a forest..." (when in reality, she just has a lot of trees in her front yard) and it's stuck.


Maverick received at least three Cubs onesies as gifts and although their season hasn't been stellar, he looks good in blue, so he's wearing them anyway!


And as I've made the transition back to work, I've determined I truly hate pumping.  However, I'm thankful that I actually have a milk supply and don't need drugs to keep up with my hungry boy.  In fact, breast milk has taken over our freezer.  Truly, this picture doesn't do it justice.  We just might finally have that excuse to buy an upright freezer...

2 comments:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

Cute pics of the littles, Rose! But seriously, that milk supply is what took my breath away:) Good for you!!! I am glad it's going so well!

Bethany said...

They are both getting so big. Look at Pheobe go with her tricycle! That's fantastic. I can't believe Maverick is rolling over either.